Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Hi I'm looking for a clear case to cover the back with or without integrated smart cover or keyboard. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Motoxmann

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2010
I ordered the smart cover enhancer 2 from xgear and I really like it. Tight fit and low profile. Think it was $30 from their website

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
I just picked up the Switcheasy Nude clear rear cover made for iPad 2 but it fits the new iPad great. It does NOT have smart cover support which is what I wanted. I like it so far.

http://www.switcheasy.com/product.php?product=NUDE_iPad2

I've been chatting with Switcheasy directly and they assured me that the NUDE for iPad 2 didn't fit the The New iPad. When you say that is fits great, does it snap on properly? Can you post some pics?

TIA

BJ

Viper2005

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2007
Canada
Switch easy will be releasing the Coverbuddy for the iPad3 soon. There should be a clear version of that coming.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
Update

So I bought this PoeticBasic Snap On Back Cover Slim-Fit Hard Case for The New iPad - Crystal Clear and got it today. I gotta say this is a very nice crystal clear case, not frosty or smokey color, very clean and simple and it fits the new iPad just right. I like the fact that the brand name is on the bottom and not in the middle of the case although I would prefer that there is no brand name at all.

Only thing is if you have a Smart Cover and would like to use it with this case, sorry to say that it's not 'Fully' compatible. The thing is the case covers the left side of the iPad where usually the magnet of the Smart Cover sticks and so now that it is covered, the magnet does not stick strongly on the iPad anymore, although when you close the Smart Cover, the magnet will still stick on the side but if you try to open the Smart Cover that's when it will come off the iPad. The Smart Cover will still stick though if you fold the Smart Cover to the back but like I said every time you try to open or close the Smart Cover, it will come off the iPad. Also you can no longer use the Smart Cover as a stand if you have this case.

And so although I like this very much, but since I like my Smart Cover too, I will continue the search for that 'perfect' crystal clear case that is fully compatible with the Smart Cover. ;)

Attachments

• _DSC1347.jpg
    _DSC1347.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
  • _DSC1348.JPG
    _DSC1348.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 118
  • _DSC1350.JPG
    _DSC1350.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 82
  • _DSC1352.JPG
    _DSC1352.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 57
  • _DSC1354.JPG
    _DSC1354.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 92
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.