Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryox

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
UK
Can anyone tell me if this case covers up the sim card tray on the 4g iPad?
This case looks great but I need regular access to my sim tray as I travel for business often and am swaping sims regularly.

Thanks!

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
For those who were using the Snapshield for the iPad 2 on the iPad 3, how does the fit compare? Does the new shield warrant an exchange of the iPad 2 shield?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Can anyone tell me if this case covers up the sim card tray on the 4g iPad?
This case looks great but I need regular access to my sim tray as I travel for business often and am swaping sims regularly.

Thanks!

It doesn't cover the whole tray, but you wouldn't be able to slide it out. The cutout in the shell is made to accommodate the Smart Cover. The fact that it doesn't cover the SIM tray is just coincidence.

Sorry for the low quality iPhone pic.

a6cd0a78-be0d-4811.jpg

rukkus

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
I decided against buying this after looking at it and realizing it does not secure the smart cover to the device

that's actually why i like it. one of my favorite parts of the smart cover is taking it off so easily when i'm reading or gaming. i'm just trying to decide between this and waiting for a switcheasy coverbuddy. i read a lot of reviews of the ipad2 version of this saying it chipped up/cracked in the corners pretty quickly.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
that's actually why i like it. one of my favorite parts of the smart cover is taking it off so easily when i'm reading or gaming. i'm just trying to decide between this and waiting for a switcheasy coverbuddy. i read a lot of reviews of the ipad2 version of this saying it chipped up/cracked in the corners pretty quickly.

I had one for my iPad 2. As soon as it cracked (I was taking it on and off) Belkin took care of me very quickly. They even let me choose a new color and shipped to me extremely fast all with nothing out of my pocket. I'll now be getting the Snap Shield again due to their great customer service.

rukkus

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
I had one for my iPad 2. As soon as it cracked (I was taking it on and off) Belkin took care of me very quickly. They even let me choose a new color and shipped to me extremely fast all with nothing out of my pocket. I'll now be getting the Snap Shield again due to their great customer service.

oh great that's what i wasn't sure about. i know switcheasy has amazing customer service as well. gonna check out best buy at lunch.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
oh great that's what i wasn't sure about. i know switcheasy has amazing customer service as well. gonna check out best buy at lunch.

Lol! I'm going to BB at lunch too. I've ordered one from Amazon, but they aren't even being sold yet. I'd like to protect the back as soon as possible.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2009
I have one reserved at Best Buy and am picking it up later today. Best Buy apparently holds items now. I just called and gave them my name and phone number and they said they would hold it till end of business today. I really hope the new shield is a tad looser... I had the iPad 2 shield on my iPad 3 and I had to slide a credit card in and just keep pushing around the corner until the case popped off. I really was worried about getting it off for a little while.

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA

That is great, but the best customer service is... never needing it. I have heard and seen too many stories of cracked Belkins to have confidence in it.

rukkus

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2012
make sure you check your rewards accounts if you have them.. i checked before i went there and found a $5 gift certificate that expires in april. case looks nice with the slight frost... less grippy than i was hoping for though.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
make sure you check your rewards accounts if you have them.. i checked before i went there and found a $5 gift certificate that expires in april. case looks nice with the slight frost... less grippy than i was hoping for though.

That's funny as I checked my RZ before going up there. Luckily mine had 3 in stock so I was able to snag one.

qpixo

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2010
Son of a b*tch! This is exactly what I've been looking for but they don't ship to Canada. That probably means they don't have them in our Best Buy's either :(

Yes they do have it.
I saw a few in Best Buy but I really hesitated to buy it

elmorage

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2012
picked up the ipad 2 version of the snapshield secure from target last night on clearance for 19.99. seems to fit perfectly and paired with the smart cover is exactly what i wanted, some protection with minimal bulk.

so far so good, until it cracks anyway

TSloper

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
The Marware Microshell is a much better product in terms of quality. No cracking to worry about.

TSloper

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2008
You do realize that the cracking is from the iPad 2 version right?

Belkin knew about the issue and never updated the design in regards to the cracking. So what would lead you to believe the new version is going to be any different than the old?

I guess we will know in a week or two if this one suffers from the same issue.

Tim

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Belkin knew about the issue and never updated the design in regards to the cracking. So what would lead you to believe the new version is going to be any different than the old?

I guess we will know in a week or two if this one suffers from the same issue.

Tim

That's not true. They DID change the design. I had one for my iPad 2 as soon as they were released and it cracked. Contacted Belkin and got a new one shipped out that was an updated version. The original ones didn't have the lip that goes over the corners and the newer one felt sturdier.

EDIT* I also remember there being at least 2 different designs as we were comparing them on this forum.

psychonaut

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2008
The design on these indeed seems different to eliminate any unnecessary stress on the case which in turn would cause cracking. I would also say it is much easier to remove than other cases like this.

I know there is a lot of photos of this shell showing up so I decided to shoot a video. Should be up on my channel within a few hours.

That's not true. They DID change the design. I had one for my iPad 2 as soon as they were released and it cracked. Contacted Belkin and got a new one shipped out that was an updated version. The original ones didn't have the lip that goes over the corners and the newer one felt sturdier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.