Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

New Zealand line photo by @SiobhanKeoghNZ
As a reminder for our international readers, the new iPad will be on sale in 25 more countries starting tomorrow, Friday March 23. In fact, it's currently on sale in New Zealand, where it's already tomorrow.
Starting March 23 the new iPad will be available in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain and Sweden.
The 3rd Generation iPad launched in 10 countries including the U.S. last Friday and is now expanding further internationally. The iPad is available for online order with 1-2 week delivery delays.

Article Link: New iPad Launching in 25 More Countries on Friday

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Hmmm. Tempting to sell my iPad 2 now, and buy a new iPad tomorrow. Unfortunately that would requires:

a) the potential iPad 2 buyer to be a complete idiot (or living under a rock), and not realise the iPad 2 is going to drop in price.
2) having no iPad at all for several hours. Hours!!

Tough call.. :p

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
2) having no iPad at all for several hours. Hours!!

Tough call.. :p

Are you sure you didn't mean days? :)
I sold my iPad 2 weeks before it was announced!
So... for 10 months and 2 weeks i rented iPad 2 for £70 (the money i did not get back. Sold for £330) :)
So i had to ad another £220 but got 64GB instead of just 16GB
And sure i can wait for days or even a weeks as long as i get most of my money back :)

Anyway.... good luck

east85

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
And just like always, no sign of the new iPad in Brazil any time soon...

You can blame Brazilian trade laws for that one.

There's a reason why Apple is trying to produce the iPhone 4S there, and that's because Brazil wants so much of a cut on imported stuff they drive the prices skyward.

Cali Fornia

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2012
Vienna, Austria
no online preorders ... jerks :mad:

True that here in Austria as well.
And I emailed several stores around here today, none actually is gonna sell the model I want tomorrow (iPad 16GB black WiFi). :rolleyes:
It's even kinda funny: some of those stores told me that they are only gonna get up to 5 iPads, not even one of each version :rolleyes::D

jamswirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
Just got mine in Wellington NZ. Love it! I think I'm over heating from the excitement. Where's the media when you need them?

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Yep... 3 hours to go over here in Holland. Some resellers are open @ 00:01 am! :)
I'll be going to my nearest. Hopefully not too long a line...

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted

Newmarket represent! Isnt it about time auckland gets an apple store?

angelo brazil

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2012
You can blame Brazilian trade laws for that one.

There's a reason why Apple is trying to produce the iPhone 4S there, and that's because Brazil wants so much of a cut on imported stuff they drive the prices skyward.

Yeah I know, the iPad 2 wifi 16GB with the new recently reduced price sells for ~$700,00 but still there is a huge demand for iPhones and iPads here, most carriers have waitlists for iPhones any time of the year. They can also be bought at the Apple on-line store but for a considerably higher price.

Anyway I don't care if it comes for $800 I'm not mad with the prices, I'm mad with the delay on product releases ! :mad:

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted

So does either verizon or att 4g model work on the european 4g lte networks? Or am i right in thinking only 3g will work here in Poland?

nick_elt

macrumors 68000
Oct 28, 2011
Wirelessly posted

linux2mac said:
Wow! Apple's competitors better bring their "A" game now. Otherwise it will really be game over for them in the tablet market.

I think the galaxy note 10.1 offers something different. Havent ever used android before so cant comment on the software. None come close tho for screen quality

Ballis

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Wirelessly posted

nick_elt said:
Wirelessly posted

So does either verizon or att 4g model work on the european 4g lte networks? Or am i right in thinking only 3g will work here in Poland?

Youll only have 3G. Atleast thats the case in Norway. The lack of LTE and Siri makes me consider holding this one out. Will have to check out the screen first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.