Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coupdetat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Does the "clear search field" button only sporadically work for anyone else? Very strange issue I'm having with my retina iPad.

WILLDOGS

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
same issue here, I find myself tapping it several times to clear the search field

coupdetat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
It's not too small, there's definitely something wrong with it. The x'es in other apps are perfectly fine. I wonder if this is some weird issue they overlooked when transitioning to the retina display...

sealos

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
It's not too small, there's definitely something wrong with it. The x'es in other apps are perfectly fine. I wonder if this is some weird issue they overlooked when transitioning to the retina display...

Nope... experienced it quite regularly on my iPad 2. VERY annoying.

Yukon Ed

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
Yes, it's a major problem

I try sometimes 5-8 times to clear the apps store search field until I have to just backspace to clear the search box. This problem with clearing the search box only occurs in the apps store. I tried a few ipad 2s in the store and they had the same problem, just not as bad as the new iPad.

Has anyone other than the previous 9 posters recognized this problem? If it wasn't for my 98% perfect screen, this iPad would be returned.

Since the problem only occurs in the apps store, I don't think it's a build or hardware issue; I'm just surprised more people aren't discussing the problem. Any thoughts?

Yukon Ed

LSS

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2005
in your world
Replying to an old thread, but...

I'm having the same problem with my iPad mini.
Glad to find out it doesn't seem to be a problem with the screen itself.

calilove

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2012
This is due to notification center.

I get the same problem in other apps that have a touch target too close to the edge of the screen.

caubeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2007
The App Store is no longer user friendly, I expect ios7 will bring a permanent fix but currently it's slow and buggy. It would be nice to have an App Store like the music store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.