Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luckybobby

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 26, 2011
So my iTunes will recognize my iPod but it will reject it like it says try unplugging the iPod and plugging it back in, (that doesn't work) then it will say to uninstall iTunes then reinstall it. (that won't work) Then I checked the trouble shooting page I did all the stuff they until the last step cause my computer didn't have the files it should have. (stupid pc) I also tried a couple of YouTube tutorials they didn't work cause my computer is just stupid and won't load anything. (it's a 2012 dell with 16 gb of ram if your wondering) So since that didn't work I tried my old computer and that worked without any problems.

Any suggestions to make iTunes not reject my iPod nano? Cause I'm so frustrated! :mad:
Oh and also I'm running iTunes 10.6 and my iPod is a 6th generation nano.

macPDX

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
iTunes won't let ipod nano sync

no advice to offer, Luckybobby, just another fellow sufferer in similar situation.

Everything was fine until I upgraded to iTunes 10.6, then suddenly had problems when it came to getting podcasts (and now even music) from iTunes to my ipod. Like you, I've also tried everything I could think of - or was suggested on MacRumors or in iTunes Help - without any success. (including changing computers, checking permissions, and resetting how I sync things - from "checked" to manual - but nothing has helped)

Not sure what is wrong, but hoping to find answers here. Anyone found a way around the problem?

Sandy Santra

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Brooklyn
Why aren't there more responses on this? It's happening to me and dozens of other folks posting in threads at the Apple site.

Doesn't matter what NANO (I have two), which Mac (I have two), which library (I have two), and restoring the NANO to factory settings doesn't help, Disk Utility on the Mac doesn't help, NOTHING WORKS.

You get ONE chance to sync your content: the first time.

After that, every time you make a change and try to sync, iTunes immediately freezes.

No one has a solution, except for reverting back to the previous build of iTunes. No thank you.

We need more press on this. My first NANO, which I still have, has synced perfectly for a year, and I make changes to the content almost every day.

I can now no longer do that.

Yes, I have the last builds of everything.

Yes, I've already sent feedback.

Very annoyed.

aatorress

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2012
Edmonton
Sorry, same problem no advice, same situation

All was OK until I upgraded to iTunes 10.6, Same problem no sync at all, iTunes simply hangs when syncing iPod nano, not when syncing iPod touch, though.

Strangely, previously set music palylists, such as 25 top played or recently played sync automatically with no problem.
The trouble seems to be when Books, iTunesU or podcasts are sync'd.
I went back to my laptop that has not been upgraded to iTunes 10.6, it has 10.5.3 and everything worked perfectly.

If you can downgrade to iTunes 10.5.3 your iPod will work again, though I do not know how to do that.

Sadly, Apple seems not to be aware of this trouble.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
So my iTunes will recognize my iPod but it will reject it like it says try unplugging the iPod and plugging it back in, (that doesn't work) then it will say to uninstall iTunes then reinstall it. (that won't work) Then I checked the trouble shooting page I did all the stuff they until the last step cause my computer didn't have the files it should have. (stupid pc) I also tried a couple of YouTube tutorials they didn't work cause my computer is just stupid and won't load anything. (it's a 2012 dell with 16 gb of ram if your wondering) So since that didn't work I tried my old computer and that worked without any problems.

Any suggestions to make iTunes not reject my iPod nano? Cause I'm so frustrated! :mad:
Oh and also I'm running iTunes 10.6 and my iPod is a 6th generation nano.

I've seen this on PC's a lot...The only way I got my buddy back up and running again was to backup everything and perform a clean install of Windows...There seems to be an issue with the iTunes installer failing to differentiate 32 and 64 bit systems.

It's a pain, but we tried everything else.

ScottJ

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2011
SoCal
I've run into this problem as well on my iPod nano and iPod classic. From what I've seen in other posts on this board (under iPhone) and other sites, the problem is due to an incompatibility between iTunes 10.6 and iPhoto '09 running on OS X Lion. I understand that Apple has released an update to iTunes (10.6.1), but haven't had a chance to download and install it. Has anyone else installed the update and found that it fixed the problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.