Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oli356

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Not hearing positive things =( Will see when I get mine next week, should be before Wednesday I hope.

Not sure what else I would get otherwise, my smart cover is getting collected on Friday for a return, might be keeping it and buying a feather case or something.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
I got mine. Love the case so far. Sleep/Wake works perfectly and it folds back just fine. The blue color looks really really nice too.

oli356

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
I got mine. Love the case so far. Sleep/Wake works perfectly and it folds back just fine. The blue color looks really really nice too.
Some hope :D Ordered mine in blue, any chance of some pictures :D?

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Some hope :D Ordered mine in blue, any chance of some pictures :D?

J2Zvt.jpg

lM7JD.jpg

aOxPO.jpg

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Thanks, can't tell if I like it or not! Will have to make up my mind when I get it :) Just the material looks a bit horrible to hold =(

I chose it because of the material. I like texture and this texture is precisely what I imagined. To each his own though!

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
:( Sounds like this one may be going back to the store pretty quickly. I was a big fan of the Sknny I had on my iPad 2 and figured this was just resized for the new model.

I got my shipping notice from Radtech yesterday, so I expect it to be here on Monday or Tuesday, and I will make a decision then. I'll try to post some photos is no one beats me to it.

Just get the iPad 2 version. It looks fine with the iPad 3. I had to do some surgery on mine to make to sleep magnet work properly though.

Last edited:

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I chose it because of the material. I like texture and this texture is precisely what I imagined. To each his own though!

I like the texture too, at least of the iPad 2 version, but I'm not crazy about the bright blue color. I like more subtle colors I guess. I wish there was a grey or a green.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
I like the texture too, at least of the iPad 2 version, but I'm not crazy about the bright blue color. I like more subtle colors I guess. I wish there was a grey or a green.

The mushroom color seemed pretty subtle and actually looked pretty awesome. I want a red case. Considering this same case but I think I'll go with the Odoyo instead.

oli356

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Should have the mushroom colour (uk spelling) skinny 3 delivered to work tomorrow, I will post some pic's. Bought to match my mushroom colour STM vertical small laptop shoulder bag which I use for my air 13inch and being very pleased with.
Where you order from?

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Definitely post some pics of the 'shroom color. I don't know what to expect from the photos they have posted. It almost looks like it has a little bit of purple in it in some photos and others look like a shade of grey.

pdawg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Mushroom pix. Seems a perfect fit so far. Easy to click in. Not moving around. VERY light weight!

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0360.jpg
    IMG_0360.jpg
    973.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_0361.jpg
    IMG_0361.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 146

DaQuickPG

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2011
can anyone do a review on this case? I ordered 2, I like the lexington and this seems similar, just more colors.

oli356

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
Still waiting for mine to be sent.. It was meant to be sent like yesterday as stock was apparently arriving in the UK on Friday. The retailer said they are unsure, emailed STM and the guy replied saying stock landed yesterday. So hopefuly it gets to the retailers quickly.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Thanks for posting photos. Could you post one of it with the cover closed? Somebody said something about the cover flap fitting differently with the front of the iPad than previous version. Is it true that the magnets do not not hold it closed anymore?

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Thanks for posting photos. Could you post one of it with the cover closed? Somebody said something about the cover flap fitting differently with the front of the iPad than previous version. Is it true that the magnets do not not hold it closed anymore?

This is true. It doesn't stay shut with the magnets. Not really bothersome since the flap is so secure.

emgoodman

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2011
This is true. It doesn't stay shut with the magnets. Not really bothersome since the flap is so secure.

Same with mine. I didn't have the iPad 2 one to compare but it looks as if there is only one magnet about one 1/4 way down the cover. Perhaps if there was a second one at the same spot on the lower half then that would be enough. I agree however that the cover is secure, especially with the strap enclosed

Attachments

• IMG_0573.jpg
    IMG_0573.jpg
    939.8 KB · Views: 90

iMule

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
Greenville, SC
Looks like a solid case. No bezel coverage, simple stand position (I'm getting tired of the fold-out folios), super thin, but I'm worried about the strap. How easy is it to put in and out?

Reason I ask is that some cases, like the Marware CEO take a fraction longer to open and the easy sleep/wake function is almost pointless.

This case is looking awesome. Can't wait to see a YouTube review of it.

mixedup

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Well....just got mine today (black). Nice case, but unfortunately the sleep/wake function isn't working. I've contacted RadTech to see how it can be addressed....maybe I just got a dud???

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Mushroom pix. Seems a perfect fit so far. Easy to click in. Not moving around. VERY light weight!

Bought the same one. iPad 3 version.

Very happy with the fit, but find the build quality - specifically where the nylon is glued to the plastic - a little suboptimal. Strands of nylon sticking out, slightly irregular edges....

Could be better but overall I'm reasonably happy with the case. Very secure when it's closed. Magnet on the lid works perfectly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.