Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

antman2295

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2010
Its legit, I earned enough to get infinity blade 2. I also accidently "downloaded" an app i didnt want, but i never got the app even though they took my credit. I contacted support, but no reply of any help. My advice is to make sure you click what you want.

Reactions: cwoosh

iohass

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
Canada
I now almost have enough credits for iphoto and real racing 2 but not sure which I want more :D

is it possible for me to download these from the canadian itunes rather than my US account?

also, what's the downside of having all these apps in your download history?

Bobby.e

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2012
Kansas
I now almost have enough credits for iphoto and real racing 2 but not sure which I want more :D

is it possible for me to download these from the canadian itunes rather than my US account?

also, what's the downside of having all these apps in your download history?

Theres no downside. I just think it's annoying when I go to my purchased and it organizes by most recent. Then all these apps are there.

xhArRiSoNxD

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Massachusetts
So how do I get rid of the profile after I install it?

When I go to General I dont see anything under profiles to get rid of it.

Edit: I really hate when I post and then find the answer later.

Just incase anyone was wondering this is not a scam.

And the answer to my question:
The device profiles gets removed automatically after enrollment process. To completely dissociate it from free my apps to to settings, safari, and delete cookies.

Last edited:

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
this is good if you don't want to jailbreak your iDevice . But since I'll jailbreak my iDevice I have no need for this. But thanks for informing us about this. If I know anyone who wants free apps i'll give them the link to this site.

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
I wish FreeMyApps had some square enix games like final fantasy, chrono trigger, etc :(

Still is a great concept though and Im not complaining at all since it works and they have some decent games.

Classy stuff there Demonface :rolleyes:

Who said I steal? I'm too cool for that. :cool:

iohass

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
Canada
bragging that you can get apps through jailbreaking? yeah, definitely cool. do you also tell your friends you are a hacker because you can follow instructions on how to jb your phone?

Skeblik

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2012
Guys, this is definitely not a scam! Sure, it takes awhile to download the sponsor apps, but it's worth getting premium apps for free!! I am a little worried about the UDID you need to install.

bellamy.budiman

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2012
Can't install profile on new iPad

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with this. I just upgraded to a new iPad, went back to Free My Apps and tried to install the profile. Then after I tapped on "Installing" it just went back to Safari. If I go back to Settings, the profile is still sitting there, not installed. And this whole thing keeps repeating itself every time I tried installing the profile.

Anyone encountered the same situation? I think I've cleared the cookies numerous times and it still doesn't work.

Johnny97

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2012
Its not a scam i use and its legit but now instead of getting apps for free you get giftcards

JackyLau95

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2012
Hi

Does it work if I'm in New Zealand and i created a US iTunes account without using a credit card number?:apple:

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
For anyone who loves freemyapps, there is a new mobile site that is very similar and has the same amount of prizes. I've just made 10 bucks from downloading free apps.

Here is a link: URL REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

Solowalker

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
While they're technically not a scam, they've REALLY ticked me off. I used them for nearly a year and was very pleased with the service and I can't even tell you how many awesome apps I got through them.

Until I got my iPhone 5.

I had only had it for just over 2 weeks when I went to redeem some credits and I had an issue. I contacted their support. Long story short, it's been a month and a half and I still can't redeem my credits. They said I somehow violated their terms of service but won't tell me how so I can contest it or at very very least not repeat the same mistake on a different device. But as far as I know, I didn't do anything wrong and did just what I've been doing for the last year and what I've gotten quite a few friends and family members to do. I'm totally in the dark.

I've sent follow up requests to try to get some information out of them and they just delete my support tickets without even notifying me. They've ignored me on Twitter and deleted my comments from their Facebook page and blocked me from posting new comments there. This is literally the WORST customer service I've ever seen and I worked in that industry for a number of years with some pretty poor folks and I've seen and experienced some really bad situations. This is just inexcusable, even for a free service like this.

I have nearly $50 worth of credits that I can't redeem and they won't tell me what not to do in the future. I'm so upset with them.

I very strongly discourage anyone from using this service. Any company that treats their customers this way doesn't deserve to be in business.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
While they're technically not a scam, they've REALLY ticked me off. I used them for nearly a year and was very pleased with the service and I can't even tell you how many awesome apps I got through them.

Until I got my iPhone 5.

I had only had it for just over 2 weeks when I went to redeem some credits and I had an issue. I contacted their support. Long story short, it's been a month and a half and I still can't redeem my credits. They said I somehow violated their terms of service but won't tell me how so I can contest it or at very very least not repeat the same mistake on a different device. But as far as I know, I didn't do anything wrong and did just what I've been doing for the last year and what I've gotten quite a few friends and family members to do. I'm totally in the dark.

I've sent follow up requests to try to get some information out of them and they just delete my support tickets without even notifying me. They've ignored me on Twitter and deleted my comments from their Facebook page and blocked me from posting new comments there. This is literally the WORST customer service I've ever seen and I worked in that industry for a number of years with some pretty poor folks and I've seen and experienced some really bad situations. This is just inexcusable, even for a free service like this.

I have nearly $50 worth of credits that I can't redeem and they won't tell me what not to do in the future. I'm so upset with them.

I very strongly discourage anyone from using this service. Any company that treats their customers this way doesn't deserve to be in business.

You are not a customer, you never bought anything. :rolleyes:

Nevzorus

macrumors 6502
Feb 29, 2012
How do I delete this from my profiles? This won't work with other stores then the US so..

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I've made over $30 from this site but for the time it takes I've stopped doing it. It's quite an old site. There's also many other try our app and get money sites which I've done but most of them just aren't worth the time. They are great when you first start and has many apps to download but after that it really drags on because apps aren't added all that regularly

----------

Until I got my iPhone 5.

My friend also had this problem still not resolved been many months

hobsgrg

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
As others have said they are legit and I've got free iTunes credit from them but it can take a while to get credit as apps aren't always added very often or when they are a lot only last a short amount of time so you have to keep regularly checking the site. So I've stopped using them as it's a lot of time and effort to get $10 iTunes gift card but it's not a scam and whether it is worth it depends on whether your time or money is more important

jomirrivera

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2011
Anyone heard/use this?

Some people are calling a scam and Im a little wary, but I gave it a try and so far I haven't noticed anything fishy. Basically you go on the site http://www.freemyapps.com/ on your iPhone and it asks you for permission for your UDID (different from your apple account ID). UDID are also used if you ever beta tested an iOS game.

Anyway I found this through http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/FreeMyApps/news.asp?c=36017 but I still didn't really believe it so I searched it up on google and AllThingsDigital had an article about it http://allthingsd.com/20111213/freemyapps-offers-another-twist-on-cross-selling-within-apps/ .

So basically what you have to do is download free apps/games and then wait open it and wait 30 secs, then go back to the site and it'll add up points. When you have enough points, you can redeem them for a paid app/game. It does it through a code (like any code you redeem on the itunes store).

To my surprise I got Cut the Rope Experiment for free (checked my account, nothing seemed wrong, it shows free in my history). Got Fruit Ninja Puss in Boots and Bejeweled as well.

Still being cautious, but I've read on multiple forums that its also working. Im thinking of restoring my iphone to a earlier backup just to make sure the thing downloaded is gone.

I can tell you, this works!
In my house, we have 6 iPhones, 4 Ipads an 2 iPod touch and I have earn more than 100 in Amazon gift cards in about two months!
Thats good money!

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
It's not a scam. I thought so too at first but now I know it's not. I received enough credits for $10 iTunes credit. I used it to buy apps for my phone so it definitely works.

I'm now trying to save up enough credits for Amazon credits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.