Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Amyshelly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 14, 2012
Home button became less responsive after a while, If you’ve used your iPhone for quite some time. iPad owners might jump in at this point and admit they have the same problem and until they will get the chance to upgrade to the next generation iPad, they need to take care of the unresponsive button now. Well, now here are tricks to help us all recalibrate the home button of our iPhones and iPads and to make it as good as new, or nearly:
If the sluggish response of the home button isn’t a direct consequence of the iDevice being dropped somewhere, then the issue is software related and can be fixed the same way.
The first step is to open a stock app then the user needs to press and hold the power button. A familiar “slide to power off” message should appear and now it’s the time to release the power button and start focusing on the home button. Pressing the home button until the “slide to power off” message disappears and the app force quits should do the trick. Now the home button should respond more quickly.
Probably this trick is flying around over tips and tricks websites, but is easy, reliable and proven, so a quick reminder doesn’t hurt.

lauraconnelly

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2012
Thanks. This worked for me. It seems to be a bit better now. I was going to go back to the Apple store however I'll see how it goes.

Spikestrip

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2011
California
Home button became less responsive after a while, If you’ve used your iPhone for quite some time. iPad owners might jump in at this point and admit they have the same problem and until they will get the chance to upgrade to the next generation iPad, they need to take care of the unresponsive button now. Well, now here are tricks to help us all recalibrate the home button of our iPhones and iPads and to make it as good as new, or nearly:
If the sluggish response of the home button isn’t a direct consequence of the iDevice being dropped somewhere, then the issue is software related and can be fixed the same way.
The first step is to open a stock app then the user needs to press and hold the power button. A familiar “slide to power off” message should appear and now it’s the time to release the power button and start focusing on the home button. Pressing the home button until the “slide to power off” message disappears and the app force quits should do the trick. Now the home button should respond more quickly.
Probably this trick is flying around over tips and tricks websites, but is easy, reliable and proven, so a quick reminder doesn’t hurt.

I'm sorry, but that is impossible to really help anything. What you've done is the same thing as if you open the app switcher, press and hold on an app until they wiggle, and hit the red minus to close that app. If that app was hogging resources it will help you, but doing that to some random stock app is unlikely to help. Cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.