Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chaosbunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Hi!

I just wanted to share this information. Seems like if you buy either the full version of a Creative Suite 5.5 package or an upgrade to 5.5 from a previous version after March 26 you get CS6 for free.

I have CS5 Design Standard and obviously didn't upgrade to 5.5 due to the lack of significant changes, but since the upgrade to 5.5 is cheaper than the upgrade to 6 in the future I'm getting it now.

Maybe this helps someone in a similar situation to save some money. :)

hdsalinas

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Where can I see more information about this

We need to get a new Creative Suite for a new mac we are getting for our department. I told our IT folks to hold its purchase until CS6 arrives and just use the trials meanwhile.

But if we could get 5.5 now and then the upgrade for free that would be great.!

Could you share a link, I could not find such offer at adobe's website.

chaosbunny

macrumors 68020
Original poster
We need to get a new Creative Suite for a new mac we are getting for our department. I told our IT folks to hold its purchase until CS6 arrives and just use the trials meanwhile.

But if we could get 5.5 now and then the upgrade for free that would be great.!

Could you share a link, I could not find such offer at adobe's website.

Here is a link:

http://bx.businessweek.com/all-thin...e-upgrade-to-cs6-adobe-sets-grace-period.html

Just contact Adobe and ask before you order - that's what I did. Better safe than sorry.

I don't know if it works for student edition too, sorry.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.