Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scorpio1973

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2009
Here's a shot in the dark, but…

Look in settings under "iCloud" --> "documents & data" --> "use cellular". Make sure that's off.

I remember that getting me and a lot of other people when the 4s first came out.

Thanks for the tip!

outie2k

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Had the same issue. It was my first time using cellular data on iPad and it ate through 50+ MB overnight with AT&T. I only got the 250MB plan so this really sucked.

I have since turned off iCloud's documents & data sync'ing so hopefully it won't happen again.

iMaven

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2011
Here's a shot in the dark, but…

Look in settings under "iCloud" --> "documents & data" --> "use cellular". Make sure that's off.

I remember that getting me and a lot of other people when the 4s first came out.

Thanks, I needed that info.

Fofer

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2002
Now you know why those of us w unlimited data are careful not to let those plans go.

Indeed, so it will mightily suck when AT&T starts throttling you, just like they did with iPhones. And it will happen - mark my words.

I sold my unlimited AT&T plan and switched to Verizon. Speeds are double, and often triple, in my area. I'll clock in at less than 2GB monthly, and if I don't I can just upgrade to 5GB for 28 months with the money I made on the sale of my old plan :D

Also, I now have the luxury of canceling the plan for the stretches of time I didn't need it. With AT&T's slimy bait-and-switch, I had to maintain a continuous subscription in order to stay grandfathered in. Buh-bye!

mudskip

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
Winston-Salem, NC
OP:
I have the same situation.
I would often get the 1GB plan on my Verizon iPad 2 and it would easily last me the 30 days.
With the same plan on my Verizon iPad mini, I used 687MB in the first day.

Now, I'm on day 7. I'm at home on wifi.
I left the iPad on and open last night to an auto refreshing website.
This morning I got the message that I had used up my cellular data...
Something does not seem right...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.