Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
Wirelessly posted

Good for him. Steve would never suit up.

No, Steve never wore a suit. :rolleyes:

tumblr_lgzwpcwgE41qhroh6o1_500.jpg

jobs_macworld01_338.jpg

flounder021

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2008
The suit is not Apple. I understand it's a form of respect, just weird though. Also, there is something I don't like about Cook, can't put my finger on it though. But Steve knew him better than anyone else. We will see.

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Those were his early years. He'd never suit up during his "This is ****" years.

He was always in his "This is ****" years.

But you're right, he probably would have worn jeans and a turtleneck, it became part of his and Apple's image.

For example, here he was with Dimitri Medvedev:

steve-jobs-dmitry-medvedev.jpg

And sitting next to Barack Obama:

steve.jobs_.obama_.zuckerberg.jpg

GREEN4U

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2010
My communications teacher in college said that there's some unsaid physical language when 2 people shake hands for a photo. Something like it's a sign of dominance when the person is over the hand/shoulder of the other guy. This picture is a great example of that, lol.

rcdo

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2012
What about US

How many American cities has Mr. Cook visited, seeking to grow their IT sectors?

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Not only was the jeans and a turtleneck Steve's style, according to the latest biography, that was the only clothes he had - a closet with literally hundreds of this outfit.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
or trying to grow your business perhaps? grow up.

----------

scary:eek:

stupid as stupid says: you deal with China, you are going in full head first into the ground. China does not respect any IP from any company. There have been numerous companies from Taiwan setting up shop in China only to have their entire operations lifted and then outsted by the govt.

You do not trust any communist country. You don't have a clue so obviously you don't understand why China is China.

Amazing Iceman

macrumors 603
Nov 8, 2008
Florida, U.S.A.
It's tricky. For myself, I can't help but feel this type of stuff is more typical of regular companies. I like Tim, I like how things are going so far, but I hope they know that trying a few bold 'hungry' and 'foolish' ideas now and then might be a good idea.

And for the record? All the sushi I've had in China isn't that great. It's better in the states. ^_^;

Heheheh!!! The difference it's that in the States, it's FDA approved! :D

Most of the 'Oriental' food we eat here in the U.S. has been modified to please our taste. It's not the same food being eaten where it came from.

Even Coca Cola, there's a different formula for every region or country. That's why it tastes different in other places.

----------

Not only was the jeans and a turtleneck Steve's style, according to the latest biography, that was the only clothes he had - a closet with literally hundreds of this outfit.

Maybe I should do the same. I don't like having to waste time on what to wear. I have better things to do than that.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Do you think they called each other that morning to be sure they dressed the same.

Giggle....giggle...

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
This makes perfect commercial sense. China is a fast growing market as well as he foundation for Apples manufacturing process. Meeting with the Premier is a logical step for Apples CEO.

In other news today...

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Tibetan man died on Wednesday after setting himself on fire earlier this week in New Delhi to protest Chinese rule of the Himalayan region, activists said, hours before Chinese President Hu Jintao was due to arrive in India for a summit of emerging market nations.

http://news.yahoo.com/tibetan-dies-self-immolation-india-hu-visit-095311215.html

zzLZHzz

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2012
China's a big booming market and I hear Apple products are more a status symbol (since not everyone can afford a car).

/shrug/

it not only a booming market.

the china market could potential be on par with US.

Is it just me, or has Tim's hair gotten whiter since Steve passed?

It's like how Presidents and Prime Ministers age dramatically after taking office.

the pressure is certainly huge especially when running big tech company like Apple.
each decision he made could make or break the company

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
I think he's more photogenic than Steve Jobs was. At the very least he doesn't have the weird/creepy evil genius smile thing going on.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
In other news today...

NEW DELHI (Reuters) - A Tibetan man died on Wednesday after setting himself on fire earlier this week in New Delhi to protest Chinese rule of the Himalayan region, activists said, hours before Chinese President Hu Jintao was due to arrive in India for a summit of emerging market nations.

http://news.yahoo.com/tibetan-dies-self-immolation-india-hu-visit-095311215.html

Exactly my feeling, I was going to report:

European Champions League:

AC Milan vs. FC Barcelona 20:45 h local time

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.