Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patseguin

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
I'm going to try and use my iPod for my backing tracks for my musical show but the problem is that my show is in a Playlist and when I finish a song, it goes right to playing the next one. Isn't there a setting to make the iPod stop after each song?

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
I'm going to try and use my iPod for my backing tracks for my musical show but the problem is that my show is in a Playlist and when I finish a song, it goes right to playing the next one. Isn't there a setting to make the iPod stop after each song?
Not an easy one. What you could do is to create a 15-minute-long silent track and put that between tracks. The iPod would continue to the next track (as before), but would be silent. Pressing the Next Track button would go to the next track and immediately start playing.

chiefillini

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL.
Thanks for the info. I need to do the same for my wife's music concert. Is there any specific directions to make the silent track. I am guessing I would use garage band to do it. Thanks.

HollywoodDave

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2012
I use my iPhone to play sound fx during gigs with my acoustic band... I just made each sound (for u backing track) it's own album. If an album only has 1 track it just stops when it's done. Make the albums the same name but add a 1...2..3....4...5... Etc after the name so u can switch quickly between them on stage. Hopes this helps.. Rock on!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.