Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
Hi Guys,
this is my very first post :)

I've recently purchased an iPad 3 and i'm wondering what's the best film protector that does not reduce the overall quality of the new amazing display. I'd like to have a protector that keep the resolution as sharp as the naked screen.

My experience with the iPhone 4 & 4S is that the screen is very very delicate; even if you use your best care, it develops some micro-scratches, visibile under the sun when the screen is turned off.

Many thanks for your suggestion!

ps: I had a "Best Skin Ever" on my old iPad2, but it wasn't nothing special...

Last edited:

jdcell100

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2010
I just had zagg hd put on my ipad3 yesterday at best buy. My advice would be pay the geek squad 15 bucks to put it on It came out perfect. Not one bubble I have tried to put zagg protecters on my other iPads came out ok but not as good as geek squad pulse they give u a 30 warranty if u don't like it they'll redo it for free. Zagg is by far bet screen protecter out thre

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
I just had zagg hd put on my ipad3 yesterday at best buy. My advice would be pay the geek squad 15 bucks to put it on It came out perfect. Not one bubble I have tried to put zagg protecters on my other iPads came out ok but not as good as geek squad pulse they give u a 30 warranty if u don't like it they'll redo it for free. Zagg is by far bet screen protecter out thre

Hi jd thanks for the answer.
I live in the other side of the world :D so i cannot rely upon the geek squad :rolleyes:

However, did u notice a reduction in the brightness/sharpness of the screen?

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
Sometime in April...

http://www.spigen.com/blog/the-very...s-t-premium-tempered-glass-series-coming-soon
With the amazing Retina Display of The new iPad, protecting the surface of your new iPad is critical. SPIGEN SGP GLAS.t is made to protect the LCD from damage and scratches with specially processed glass that has been reinforced to increase shock absorbency. The entire surface of the*GLAS*t is transparent and the back side is covered with a strong silicon adhesive for easy installation. When installed, there are no gaps between the LCD and the*GLAS*t, which means the touch screen's sensitivity is unaffected.
Whole Transparency
The GLAS.t is 0.4mm thick and made with chemically treated, transparent tempered glass.
Surface hardness : 8~9H
The surface of the*GLAS.t has a hardness of 8-9H, three times stronger than regular PET film. Even shard objects such as knives and keys will not scratch the*GLAS*t.
Oleophobic Coating
The GLAS.t has an oleophobic coating that prevents fingerprints and other contaminants and makes the film easy to clean.
Delicate Touch
The*GLAS.t is coated on the back with a strong silicon adhesive that makes installation easy and attaches the film firmly so as to not affect the touch screen's sensitivity.
Anti-Shatter Film
If broken, the*GLAS.t breaks into small pieces that are not sharp, making it safer than other glass products.
$70
http://www.spigen.com/tablets/apple...-protector-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass.html

Last edited:

dread

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009

I think zagg is the worst. It's sticky and has an orange peel effect. The best by far is power support followed by sgp and then the rest.

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
I think zagg is the worst. It's sticky and has an orange peel effect. The best by far is power support followed by sgp and then the rest.

If you can get a dust free install the GLASt would be the best, but the size of an iPad and the fact that it's a one time install only makes me think that is a big if given the cost.

iMaven

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2011
None, because I had Zagg on my other iPad and didn't realize how much I was missing out by not having one. I opted for Applecare+ instead.

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 30, 2012
None, because I had Zagg on my other iPad and didn't realize how much I was missing out by not having one. I opted for Applecare+ instead.

That's my doubt.
Now i'm using the nude-look ipad i'm really excited about the display.

Used Power Support Crystal on my iPad 2 and iPad 3rd gen. Love it!

Did you notice an alteration in the sharpness/brightness before/after the application in the ipad3?

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
That's my doubt.
Now i'm using the nude-look ipad i'm really excited about the display.

Did you notice an alteration in the sharpness/brightness before/after the application in the ipad3?

I used the iPad san screen protector for the first few days while waiting for the screen protector to arrive. I didn't notice any difference in sharpness/brightness after I put on the screen protector.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I bought a 3 pack of generics on Amazon for something like $5 shipped (I have Prime). It's crystal clear and wouldn't even know it was on unless I told you. Spending more is just silly.

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
I use powersupport crystal.

Same here. My iPad 2 had a Power Support Anti Glare, but I didn't want to wait for a new version designed for the retina display. You wouldn't know it was there and unlike the cheaper protectors, it doesn't scratch easily.

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
See all prior screen protector threads. There are plenty of ones to choose from that would suit the OP including Power Support & SGP.

MortalDays

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
PowerSupport all the way and their customer service is top notch.

SGP has very bad customer service and you may not receive your product for at least THREE weeks.

fongyuen

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2007
for those who have the powersupport film, can you give a link to it on amazon? there's seems to be several. also, does the ~$30 or so you pay only give you one film? or does it come with two? ok, thanks.

Kry0s

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2011
http://www.spigen.com/blog/the-very...s-t-premium-tempered-glass-series-coming-soon
With the amazing Retina Display of The new iPad, protecting the surface of your new iPad is critical. SPIGEN SGP GLAS.t is made to protect the LCD from damage and scratches with specially processed glass that has been reinforced to increase shock absorbency. The entire surface of the*GLAS*t is transparent and the back side is covered with a strong silicon adhesive for easy installation. When installed, there are no gaps between the LCD and the*GLAS*t, which means the touch screen's sensitivity is unaffected.
Whole Transparency
The GLAS.t is 0.4mm thick and made with chemically treated, transparent tempered glass.
Surface hardness : 8~9H
The surface of the*GLAS.t has a hardness of 8-9H, three times stronger than regular PET film. Even shard objects such as knives and keys will not scratch the*GLAS*t.
Oleophobic Coating
The GLAS.t has an oleophobic coating that prevents fingerprints and other contaminants and makes the film easy to clean.
Delicate Touch
The*GLAS.t is coated on the back with a strong silicon adhesive that makes installation easy and attaches the film firmly so as to not affect the touch screen's sensitivity.
Anti-Shatter Film
If broken, the*GLAS.t breaks into small pieces that are not sharp, making it safer than other glass products.
$70
http://www.spigen.com/tablets/apple...-protector-glas-t-premium-tempered-glass.html

I was going to try this until I saw the price and found out I had only one shot to get it on without dust etc.

I've been waiting for the SGP Ultra Optics to be released (Amazon has a release date of April 3rd) but after hearing how bad SGP is with shipping and support. I'm beginning to rethink my choice.

AnthonySmith

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2011
Southern CA
Wirelessly posted

kobyh15 said:
I put on the SGP super crystal for the retina screen. I like it a lot.

This. Get this. You won't be disappointed. I love mine. It's probably the best screen protector I've ever had in any device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.