Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

epi117

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2010
For powerpoints i use keynote, but not all slides will transition. Some will come out all out of synch.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
For powerpoints i use keynote, but not all slides will transition. Some will come out all out of synch.

i dun really care about transition, but i want those kinds i can actually write on it. like i bought a stylus so i wanna write stuff on it

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Docs to go allows you to take notes on PowerPoint but I haven't seen anything that displays PowerPoint docs perfectly. Always seem to be formatting issues.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Docs to go allows you to take notes on PowerPoint but I haven't seen anything that displays PowerPoint docs perfectly. Always seem to be formatting issues.

"Documents to go" is the name of the app?

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
I prefer Quickoffice HD to Documents on the Go. Keynote is just superior to powerpoint, any way you slice it. PDF Expert is my default go-to for Signing and form fill now.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I prefer Quickoffice HD to Documents on the Go. Keynote is just superior to powerpoint, any way you slice it. PDF Expert is my default go-to for Signing and form fill now.

PDF Expert is not an universal app? You gotta buy separately for iPhone and iPad?

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
iAnnotate can convert PPT to PDF natively. $9.99.

Does everything you ask for.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
I just splurge 9.99 on PDF expert. Is it worth it to get iannotate? I just want to write and highlight stuff for ppt

iAnnotate's PDF conversion is experimental so it won't be exact, and with some picture-heavy PPTs, it might be less than satisfactory. That is why I've developed the habit of converting all my PPTs to PDFs the night before lecture to download via Dropbox.

But I'm sure the native conversion will be fine for most people.

I much prefer iAnnotate over PDF Expert for its many features, like global search, separate browser (to turn any webpage into a PDF), very customizable pens, any many more features.

Try both for a couple of days and request a refund from Apple (via your receipts in iTunes) for the one you less prefer.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
iAnnotate's PDF conversion is experimental so it won't be exact, and with some picture-heavy PPTs, it might be less than satisfactory. That is why I've developed the habit of converting all my PPTs to PDFs the night before lecture to download via Dropbox.

But I'm sure the native conversion will be fine for most people.

I much prefer iAnnotate over PDF Expert for its many features, like global search, separate browser (to turn any webpage into a PDF), very customizable pens, any many more features.

Try both for a couple of days and request a refund from Apple (via your receipts in iTunes) for the one you less prefer.
That's so unethical

gtmac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
With PDF Expert you can fill out a form sign a document, flatten the file and email it. I have used this for contracts instead of print sign and fax.

Yes it's not a universal app I wish it was. I also bough readledocs for both iPhone and iPad before buying PDF expert for my iPad. Yes it sucks but hey the apps have followed me from iPad to iPad and iPhone to iPhone.

vega07

macrumors 65816
Aug 7, 2006
That's so unethical

Take advantage of it when you need it. Just don't abuse it.

PDF Expert for me when I tried it did not live up to its expectations/reviews. I had no problem getting a refund, and I'm still sleeping well at night.

----------

With PDF Expert you can fill out a form sign a document, flatten the file and email it. I have used this for contracts instead of print sign and fax.

Yes it's not a universal app I wish it was. I also bough readledocs for both iPhone and iPad before buying PDF expert for my iPad. Yes it sucks but hey the apps have followed me from iPad to iPad and iPhone to iPhone.

iAnnotate can also do this as well, OP fyi.

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Take advantage of it when you need it. Just don't abuse it.

PDF Expert for me when I tried it did not live up to its expectations/reviews. I had no problem getting a refund, and I'm still sleeping well at night.

Will if you can get pass your own morals, there's nth I can say

reddevil0728

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
I'm trying to help you here. What I suggested is a far cry from "passing my own morals." If you don't like it, just ignore. Don't pass judgement.

In what way is saying 'passing your own morals" = judgemental? if you are fine with it, it isn't my problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.