Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UK-MacAddict

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2010
Wirelessly posted

Ashton Kutcher playing Steve Jobs never crossed my mind. But when he had his long hair and beard he does look the part.

In terms of acting ability I think he's really good. He can make stupid comedies but he can be serious when the role requires it. He was very good in both the Butterfly Effect and The Guardian. Two of my favourite films.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I don't see it. Not at all. Kutcher is so not Steve that they might as well have picked Ton Hanks, or Chris Rock.

I mean, seriously... At least pick someone who you could think might be something even remotely like Steve in real life. Not Kutcher...

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA

Attachments

• We Don't Like This....png
    We Don't Like This....png
    286 KB · Views: 132

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I hope this is an April Fools joke. Or did they pick him because of his stellar Nikon commercials?

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Can't say that I am a fan of Kutcher, but I feel a strange connection to the guy since he was born the exact date as myself. Weird huh?

Stately

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2008
NYC
In all seriousness, it might be good. He does resemble him. It would be nice to see Ashton try his hand at a serious role.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
In all seriousness, it might be good. He does resemble him. It would be nice to see Ashton try his hand at a serious role.
Haven't seen The Butterfly Effect yet? He was serious in that one. People need to get the Punk'd/Michael Kelso image out of their head for a minute and be open-minded to this choice. I remember when people scoffed at Heath Ledger portraying The Joker. The guy from 10 Things I Hate About You. But he surprised all of us with that role and won an Oscar for it after his death. Not saying Kutcher will step up his game at that level. It is only an indie film. But like another poster mentioned, he might need a talented director and writer to push him to another level.

ramuman

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
This might actually be good news in the sense that he won't be playing Jobs in the official movie.

rei101

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2011
Bad choice. Kutcher may look like Jobs from a certain perspective, but his acting absolutely tanked a top rated '2 and a Half Men' show. He's also typically type casted as a goofy, comedic type in just about everything he has done. They should have gone after Noah Wyle again, who played Jobs in the Pirates of Silicone Valley in 1999. He looks like Jobs to an extent, and did a great job with Steve's mannerisms in that particular movie.

Well, what about Will Smith? from Fresh Price of Bell Air to Independence Day to The Pursuit of Happyness.

jeremymc7

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2008
I was interested. Was really interested.

That is until they mentioned Kutcher was in it, let alone staring as jobs.

I've seen a number of Kutcher movie's and tv shows. He has no range. The BEST thing I EVER saw him do was Dude Where's the Car. The next closest thing was That 70's Show. Why? Because these are the closest thing to his real personality and what he's best at. When it comes to acting he just can't do it right.

No interest with Kutcher.

VanNess

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
California
Later this week, in a surprise announcement, Variety will report that none other than teen heartthrob Justin Bieber will play the role of Bill Gates.

Attachments

• Young-Bill-Gates271.jpg
    Young-Bill-Gates271.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 370
  • bieber_promotes_book_crop_370x278.jpg
    bieber_promotes_book_crop_370x278.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 497

Buildbright

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2011
Only two words comes to mind Fu#|< That! This is a April fools joke and a mean one at that. Let me guess Jonah Hill is Woz?

Hollywood

highdough

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2008
I really don't know if it would work, but for some reason, Tom Cruise crossed my mind for Steve Jobs. Both have that uber-intensity and manic-ness about them. I have a feeling Jobs is about 6 inches taller, though.
stevejobs.jpg

11070E174A9FB48806D132

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
Can't say that I am a fan of Kutcher, but I feel a strange connection to the guy since he was born the exact date as myself. Weird huh?

Well there are a few more than 365 members on MacRumors, so there was a pretty good chance someone was born on the same day.

As for me, I'm one day off sharing my birthday with Steve Jobs himself. I guess that's why I'm a cranky perfectionist who ISN'T very successful in business. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.