Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dla2444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Did you create the graphic?

Thanks! Yeah, along with my group. We are trying to get as many views as possible for it. If anyone has any ideas of how to market (views) this, let me know? Thanks.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Good job!

A couple of quibbles ...

• Using a gradient to convey a percentage is confusing. Where exactly is 45% in that first graphic? I kinda know ... but why make it unclear?

• All that work and you couldn't line up the colored squares in the attached graphic below? Also, the numbers inside the pie chart could be typeset better.

• The bottom list of referenced sites is too big. It should have been underplayed to not compete visually with the rest of the infographic. And I wouldn't include anything in the url that isn't absolutely necessary: no http://, no www.

But those are just quibbles.

Well done!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-04 at 8.30.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-04 at 8.30.19 PM.png
    57.7 KB · Views: 232

Apple Key

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks! Yeah, along with my group. We are trying to get as many views as possible for it. If anyone has any ideas of how to market (views) this, let me know? Thanks.

Very cool. Well done!

I like the textured background and the muted blue colors.

I've never worked on an infographic before, but it definitely looks like fun!

dla2444

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Good job!

A couple of quibbles ...

• Using a gradient to convey a percentage is confusing. Where exactly is 45% in that first graphic? I kinda know ... but why make it unclear?

• All that work and you couldn't line up the colored squares in the attached graphic below? Also, the numbers inside the pie chart could be typeset better.

• The bottom list of referenced sites is too big. It should have been underplayed to not compete visually with the rest of the infographic. And I wouldn't include anything in the url that isn't absolutely necessary: no http://, no www.

But those are just quibbles.

Well done!

My professor also made a comment on the pie chart. He isn't a fan of pie charts because they don't accurate represent the portions. I agree with you about the reference part, but I already handed in the project. Now I have to get as many views as possible.

----------

Thanks for the comments!

lamnhom

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Last edited:

Infobrandz

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2014
India
Well.. Its an informational Post. I liked the way you represented it.
Please try to get a animated video too that represent your graphic in a better way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.