Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fineaddme

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2010
regardless of a increase in screen size to 4" or more wont the iphone have to increase in size for a larger battery if they add LTE and either A6 or A5X chip plus larger screen?

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Hey, it's just my preference. I don't like fumbling around to find it on my Note either.

And I'm the one that matters. :)

Certainly. :)

I guess I just cannot grasp how the home button is infinitely easier to find than the sleep/wake button. Perhaps it's a simple matter of you having trained yourself where one button is but not the other? I don't know. Just seems strange to me.

mcman77

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2011
Hehe, thanks.

Something like this?

I dunno, it just looks weird lol. Maybe if they took away the rounded corners at the bottom for consistency, and replaced the round home button with something vertically shorter, like you said...

yeh but make it look like a phone dude! the ear pieace etc. :p

iphone-pro-jin-young_01.jpg

That's a 4.0" screen by the way. The phone has the same height and is 9% wider.

Sony has a 4.3" screen that isn't wide at all, allows you to easily reach across the phone. 9% wider? and 4" i'd rather opt for sonys design and have benefit the ergonomics.

Last edited:

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Certainly. :)

I guess I just cannot grasp how the home button is infinitely easier to find than the sleep/wake button. Perhaps it's a simple matter of you having trained yourself where one button is but not the other? I don't know. Just seems strange to me.

Maybe this sounds ridiculous, but all I have to do is tap on the button compared to grabbing the phone and pushing a button. More effort.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Maybe this sounds ridiculous, but all I have to do is tap on the button compared to grabbing the phone and pushing a button. More effort.

That's fair. I assume you leave the phone on a nightstand (or some similar thing) while tapping, rather than grabbing it? If so, I think I finally get it!

----------

yeh but make it look like a phone dude! the ear pieace etc. :p

Minus the bezel and the 80's boomb box dial looking think on the back (I imagine a 3D camera), I like it!

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
I'm ok either way. If the screen stays the same I really don't mind, but I am open to a larger screen on the conditions that it can still fit in my pocket and it doesn't drastically effect battery life.

There are so many pros and cons to a larger screen and I'm sure apple has been toying around with the idea. I am willing to bet that if they can't get the same or better battery life with a larger screen they won't launch one until they can. They are so focused on the user's experience (not complaining) that something like that could be what holds them back.

Yumunum

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2011
U.S.

You didn't answer me properly. You need to go deeper than your initial emotional response. Maybe you looked at those pictures and laughed. But if you really thought about it... what's wrong? Why is it supposedly bad?

Sedrick

macrumors 68030
Nov 10, 2010
I'm ok either way. If the screen stays the same I really don't mind, but I am open to a larger screen on the conditions that it can still fit in my pocket and it doesn't drastically effect battery life.

There are so many pros and cons to a larger screen and I'm sure apple has been toying around with the idea. I am willing to bet that if they can't get the same or better battery life with a larger screen they won't launch one until they can. They are so focused on the user's experience (not complaining) that something like that could be what holds them back.
I think we can guarantee Apple will not go to a 4" screen (or any other upgrade) without keeping the same battery life. They'd never hear the end of it.

Also, people need to stop being afraid of a 4" screen. If done correctly, the resulting phone is barely larger. (again, I'll mention the Samsung Captivate - design wise, it's the best I've seen and hardly larger than the iPhone).

shurcooL

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2011
My brainstorming from April, 2012:

imagedb.png

iphone5h.png

iphone4sbodysize.png

Real iPhone 5:

imagevkn.png

Not bad. It makes my "tall" idea seem nicer.

Maybe the bezel will begin shedding in the future models, once they figure out flexible displays and putting the mic/speaker behind display (see recent Apple patent).

imagehma.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.