Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
nice - I like it, pity there's no "new posts" link - would be cool it that came back (or have I missed it?)!

Click on the search icon near the top and it has new posts link.

arn

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Is it possible to automatically go to the last page in a thread instead of the first?

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Is it possible to automatically go to the last page in a thread instead of the first?

If you tap on the triangle icon rather than thread title, it will take you to new posts.

The tap target is a bit small at the moment

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
When you have MacRumors as a webapp on the homescreen, tapping the Forums link still kicks you to Safari.

This needs to be fixed.

I played around with this tonight. I was able to get it to not leave the webapp on some links, but overall the webapp version felt bad.

So I removed the webapp flags from the page. If you resave your homepage bookmark, it will not load as a regular safari bookmark.

I think the experience is better, since there's a Back button etc...

arn

geoffm33

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2010
I like it, replacing tapatalk for now since the mobile site honors my exclude forums by ID setting.

Edit: I had to get the New Posts link from the full site and use it while on mobile to get new posts. There should be a link to new posts within the mobile site.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Yes it is. It sounds like that is something you're looking into then, right?

It should be bigger now.

I like it, replacing tapatalk for now since the mobile site honors my exclude forums by ID setting.

Edit: I had to get the New Posts link from the full site and use it while on mobile to get new posts. There should be a link to new posts within the mobile site.

It's in the search menu:

https://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=334227&d=1333589870

arn

Tilpots

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2006
Carolina Beach, NC
Bravo arn and MR crew! Thanks so much for addressing the concerns of your users. This mobile site is so much of an improvement. I really appreciate your efforts. Ya even got a mobile Forum Spy. Impressive!!!

Xephiros

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
The new forum is great! I live how slick it looks and buttons/links are finally big enough to press without having to zoom in. (fat weener fingers)

However, is it just me or are we unable to Select text for Copy/paste on other people's posts?

Mak47

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2011
Harrisburg, PA
I love the look of the new theme, I've only got one gripe.

On my iPhone 4S (5.1) if I let the screen rotate it sends me all the way back to the top of the page. Not necessarily a huge deal, but it is quite frustrating if I'm reading through posts while I'm at work, where I'm frequently interrupted.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Hi all,

We just turned on a new mobile theme for the MacRumors forums.

The goal is to phase out our /wap/ site that we've used for mobile. The new theme will consolidate the forums around the same urls, rather than having separate mobile and non-mobile links for threads.

The site should detect if you are on a mobile device or not and show the correct format. If you want to switch formats, simply click on the link at the very bottom of the page (Mobile Version or Full Site) and you can switch between them.

arn

Would it be possible to speed up the scrolling effect? It seems much slower than other apps and websites. I feel like I have to flick the screen too many times to get to the bottom of the pages.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.