Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Just a day after media reports pointed out the outdated billboard atop the West 14th Street flagship Apple Store in New York City, it has been replaced with an updated sign.

SplatF's Dan Frommer snapped a picture of the updated billboard showing a shot from the new iPad television ad with the iPad being used to make a painting.

The timing of the updated billboard so soon after the media's commentary on it yesterday is most likely a simple coincidence.

Article Link: Apple Updates iPad Billboard Atop West 14th Street Store

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
There's a billboard in Chicago that is still advertising the iPad 2. I don't see Apple jumping on that one! Ha.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Nope - it is proof that Apple reads macrumors ... that is where they also get the ideas for the next iOS devices (but they always only manage to implement half of the requested features)

Huh, I thought they stole all their idea from the brilliant jailbreak community.

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
Just a day after media reports...

Don't kid yourselves. Media reports? Seriously?

Does Apple own the billboard, or is it just a coincidence that the ad changes the first week of a new month... usually when billboard owners change ads....

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/04/20120405-161238-150x112.jpg]Image

[/url]Just a day after media reports pointed out the outdated billboard atop the West 14th Street flagship Apple Store in New York City, it has been replaced with an updated sign.

SplatF's Dan Frommer snapped a picture of the updated billboard showing a shot from the new iPad television ad with the iPad being used to make a painting.

The timing of the updated billboard so soon after the media's commentary on it yesterday is most likely a simple coincidence.

Article Link: Apple Updates iPad Billboard Atop West 14th Street Store

I saw an iPad 2 billboard recently. I'm pretty sure it was on US-101 near San Francisco.

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Nope - it is proof that Apple reads macrumors ... that is where they also get the ideas for the next iOS devices (but they always only manage to implement half of the requested features)

This is an idea stemming from Nth generation, I believe. Apple doesn't feel pressured to release all their new features at once, on account of the fact they're still dominating the market, so instead they just release a few new features. The rest of the features are ready to go for next year's revision, just incase not all the features you'd planned for that revision are actually ready to go.

Does that make sense or do I need to explain it better?

Laird Knox

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2010
Oh thank God! I was beginning to worry that the end of the world was here.

You take Apple far to seriously. An outdated billboard hardly means the world is ending. Even if it was an Apple billboard.

*sigh*

Really?

facepalm-for-you.png

Exotic-Car Man

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2010
USA

Ynot

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2006
Double Wammy

No thats not what happened.
Apple got the poster ready (10000$). Called the Ad Agency to talk about the Old poster (one phone call). 1st. free day of advertisement (Priceless) . then they change the Poster. 2nd day of Ad for Free (Priceless). If they had gone ahead and just changed the Poster no one would have noticed now everyone who is for and against Apple knows. Priceless :D

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Be sure to post another story when birds crap on the new billboard and then another one when Apple cleans it up :p :D

Shepphard

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2012
Luxembourg
Rome wasn't built in a day! I bet there are thousands of Billboards throughout America, how could they change 'em all in a few weeks time? But still, it's a nice coincidence.

I wonder who the apple spies are?
That sentence is funny, because it took me a few seconds to see it wasnt "I wonder where the apple pies are?"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.