Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Happytodd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Dear users,

I have a slight problem, I am trying to update my iPhone 4 from 4.1 to 5.0.1. For some reason though iTunes keeps giving me an error 11 message. After doing some googling it appears as though its to do with the baseband, and it tells me to use a custom IPSW file.

Is there anyway to update my iPhone to 5.0.1 using the official 5.0.1.ipsw file?

P.S I have TinyUmbrella on with TSS Server enabled, my blobs are saved and my phone is in DFU mode.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Some more google would have shown you that now 5.1 is out you cannot update to 5.01 without using a custom file with your SHSH and APticket stitched to the custom IPSW

try googling on that or browse the numerous threads on this subject on this forum.

Trranceman

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2011
Dear users,

I have a slight problem, I am trying to update my iPhone 4 from 4.1 to 5.0.1. For some reason though iTunes keeps giving me an error 11 message. After doing some googling it appears as though its to do with the baseband, and it tells me to use a custom IPSW file.

Is there anyway to update my iPhone to 5.0.1 using the official 5.0.1.ipsw file?

P.S I have TinyUmbrella on with TSS Server enabled, my blobs are saved and my phone is in DFU mode.

there is nothing wrong with updating to 5.1 while preserving baseband for later unlock, as i know gevey is working with 5.1 with preserved baseband, so what is the point of updating it to already non-signed apple firmware when you can update it to latest firmware without any problem

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
there is nothing wrong with updating to 5.1 while preserving baseband for later unlock, as i know gevey is working with 5.1 with preserved baseband, so what is the point of updating it to already non-signed apple firmware when you can update it to latest firmware without any problem

Well maybe if you want an untethered JB instead of a tethered JB is does make sense to be on 5.01 instead of 5.1

Happytodd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 19, 2010
Thanks for the replies guys,

Sorry I didn't google enough it just got confusing for me as I panic when I try and restore etc >.<

I'll just wait until a untethered jailbreak for 5.1 comes out and upgrade to that. Since it will save me the hassle going through TinyUmbrella and what have you!

P.S I called up my phone provider the other day to unlock my phone, and they said it'll be unlocked on the next restore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.