Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I just received Apple's AV adaptor (HDMI) but it says that i need a firmware update. I am currently on 5.0.1 (iPad2) and would want to keep my JB. Is anyone having issue or work around?

It's also not working with iPhone 4. There's sound but not video. Tried it with iPhone 4S and it works flawlessly.

Last edited:

gngan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
Tried calling Apple support but they don't seem to know what that there's a firmware requirement and iPhone 4 problem.

PLEASE HELP!!!!:eek:

biohead

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
West Drayton, UK
You shouldn't need to update the firmware to use the Digital AV adaptor.

Does it popup with a prompt saying you need to update as soon as you plug the DAV in?

gngan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I never thought of that too!

1) Tried two iPad 2 (5.0.1) and it asks me for an update.
2) Tried two iPhone 4 (with 5.1 and 5.0.1) and there's sound but no video.
3) Tried two iPhone 4S (with 5.1 and 5.0.1). iPhone with 5.1 works but iPhone 5.0.1 asks for an update.

I don't think JB would cause this.

Last edited:

lunarmac

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2003
Yup had the same issue.

If it's the new model of the AV adapter than you have upgrade to 5.1.

The older model works with 5.0.1 and the Jailbreak.

Toieo

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
I'm having the same issue. The OP asked about a workaround, we're well aware it's not working. Does anyone know if there is ANYthing we can do about this at this time? There are 3 options i can see 1) Update and lose JB - no fun. 2) Wait for 5.1 JB update = win 3) Find a work-around = instant gratification is sooo = win. ANY help with this and we'd ALL appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Toieo

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
Just to clarify, neither DisplayOut nor Resupported4 work on A5/A5x chipsets combined with the new digital A/V receiver. Those include the iPhone 4s, iPad 2, and iPad 3. ALL devices can utilize the older A/V adapter but it's not 1080p. For whatever reason the new AV adapter requires iOS 5.1 and an A5 device to fully support 1080p.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to trick it into thinking i'm on 5.1. Surprise that no hackers have hacked yet. Just like ipad's camera kit, no hackers bother to make it compatible with other USB things. I guess it's because of the small user base of iPad and even small user base of having these issues.

Last edited:

Toieo

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
Thats exactly what I'm thinking! I can't imagine it being too difficult to "dupe" our iDevice into thinking it's running a different version of iOS. Of all the resource's I've looked into there's still no sign of a 5.1 publicly released OFFICIAL JB either. Does anyone have any info pertaining to that? That would certainly solve a LOT of issues for a lot of people even beyond the digital A/V adapter... The most recent news I can find is a tweet from the Dev team in late March stating that an official release could be weeks or months out still :( But even that tweet now is several weeks old and I can't any "current" news.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.