Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Farkie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Hi,

I was hoping someone here could help me out. I recently picked up an iPad and Apple TV and am very happy with them. I purchased Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and am excited that I can stream them via iCloud. I noticed The Incredible Hulk is available for purchase, but not available on the iCloud.

I know there are some things going on with HBO and Fox and Universal that will hopefully allow this movie to be on iCloud soon. My question is, if I purchase The Incredible Hulk now and it is eventually added to iCloud will I also get it on iCloud or will I have to repurchase it? I emailed Apple support and they were not very helpful. I don't think they understand what I am asking. I appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

MarkG21

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
Hi,

I was hoping someone here could help me out. I recently picked up an iPad and Apple TV and am very happy with them. I purchased Iron Man and Iron Man 2 and am excited that I can stream them via iCloud. I noticed The Incredible Hulk is available for purchase, but not available on the iCloud.

I know there are some things going on with HBO and Fox and Universal that will hopefully allow this movie to be on iCloud soon. My question is, if I purchase The Incredible Hulk now and it is eventually added to iCloud will I also get it on iCloud or will I have to repurchase it? I emailed Apple support and they were not very helpful. I don't think they understand what I am asking. I appreciate any help on this. Thanks!

Yes, if it becomes available, you would have access to it no matter when you purchased the movie.

Farkie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Thanks for the response! That is good news to hear! Also another quick question then. Will I be able to download the movie to my iPhone and computer if I buy it on my iPad as well?

MarkG21

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
I would have to assume so. You should be able to check for available downloads in iTunes if you purchase from the iPad.

After buying the movie on your iPad, don't try to download it on your iPhone by hitting the purchase button on your phone.

Actually, once you purchase the movie on your iPad, the next time you sync the iPad to your computer, it'll ask you to transfer the movie to iTunes.

adam2000

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2012
Thanks for the response! That is good news to hear! Also another quick question then. Will I be able to download the movie to my iPhone and computer if I buy it on my iPad as well?

Absolutely. Regardless which iOS device, Mac or PC you purchase the movies from, they will be available to stream or download from iCloud. The movies that are not available on iCloud yet can still be streamed to your Apple TV via homeshare from your Mac or PC. Just download them first on your iTunes library, turn on home sharing on both itunes and Apple TV and your computer will appear under Computers on Apple TV. Then you can stream your music, tv shows, movies, etc from your itunes library. If you have the movie or other media on your iPad already, you can stream them from your iPad to Apple TV with Airplay which is one nice and important feature you should take full advantage of.

I suggest you get yourself familiar with "Purchased" section on iTunes store on your computer as well as App Store app, iTunes app, Videos app, iBooks app on your iPad. You can redownload your content free of charge.

Make sure you download Apple's free Remote app to take full advantage of functions and easy management of home sharing.

Long story short, you won't have any trouble getting your media on different iOS and OSX devices you own. Especially now it's easier than ever. Thanks to iCloud, iTunes Match, Home sharing, wifi syncing... I sound like an Apple commercial, for God's sake :)

Apple support won't give you any clear answers until studios and HBO reach to an agreement. You asked them a serious question that is way above consumer level support :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.