Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbgc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Hello,

Let me just start off by saying the 11" MBA is my favorite Apple device by far. It's so little and cute yet amazingly powerful. It's my favorite thing to type on.

Unfortunately, I have a problem. For the past day or so my trackpad has been really sketchy. By that I mean that it has "dragging" and "tapping" issues. For example, when I am simply scrolling down a webpage or moving my cursor over to click on a link it starts to lock onto the page and begins highlighting, etc. just like a 3-finger-drag would do. It's very annoying, you can read more about the problem on another thread here.

I've reset the SMC as well as the PRAM. I've restarted multiple times with no luck. Could it be a hardware issue? Does anyone know a fix to this?

Thanks in advance.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2010
CA
If you've already reset the SMC and restarted it several times, that usually rules out most of what can be done. Just Time Machine backup and go get a brand new replacement from the Apple store. (the best part about when things go wrong is you get a brand new product)

No-Me

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2011
Rotterdam
I had the same problem, I went to the genius bar and they adjusted the trackpad to get it working properly again.

jbgc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
I ended up mailing it in to Apple Repair Center and they replaced the trackpad. The whole process took about 2 & 1/2 days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.