Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I'd like to visit the store and get a shirt or something. Then, if it is allowed, eat in the cafeteria.

You can go inside and to the cafeteria if you're with someone who works there. They have really good food too. If you don't know anyone who works there you can still go in the company store.

orthorim

Suspended
Feb 27, 2008
They look like apartments rather than offices lol.

I used to work there. The Apple campus is nice enough but in no way is it anything out of the ordinary. Nice offices with lots of light. That's it. Ok, and lots of security.

Well OK I guess I have to include a tidbit... I left when Jobs came back but wasn't iCEO yet - he was just a VP that came on as part of the NeXT acquisition. There were no special deals for him in place, and Amelio (and it pains me to remember this) was the hapless CEO.

However, the employees there knew exactly what was going to happen. "I was here when he came back." with Jobs' photo on it were in every cubicle.

----------

I wish i can work at apple

Apply. I hear they're hiring.

;)

C. Alan

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2009
Given the design of the current Imacs and Ipads, I expected there to be a lot of glass and aluminum at the Apple headquarters. Perhaps the new UFO building will make up for that.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
You can't wander the halls unless you're senior staff?

Man, that would kinda suck.

It's reason enough not to want to work for such a company. In my book, that's ridiculous Nazi crap.

If you've seen a couple of other big corporate HQs, the rest that can be seen on those photos doesn't impress that much either. I was blown away when I first visited the Microsoft campus in Redmond back in the year 2000. A few years later, and after having worked for the United Nations and at some other exotic places like the Canary Islands, all this corporate stuff just doesn't impress me anymore. All those companies and organizations demand a lot from their employees (or actually want to own them), so they have to give something back in return to keep the people around.

Anyway. When I have the choice between working for a small startup company or a giant like Apple, Microsoft, Google or Facebook -- I choose the startup. Startups are the only places where you can directly feel the impact of your work.

Mattie Num Nums

macrumors 68030
Mar 5, 2009
USA
You can't wander far because of Key access. Same here at the current company I work with I don't see the big issue. One of the biggest things they yell at you on campus for is "Tail Gating" or following someone inside a door without swiping. That could get you termed on the spot. Caffe Macs is one of the best on Campus cafe's I have ate at as well. The Apple Campus is pretty large these photos don't do it any justice. I remember my first day at Apple walking through the main doors after the reception area and seeing the huge, multi story iPod Firewire they had hanging from the ceiling. Then of course its off to get your ID and your Pic taken :D

orthorim

Suspended
Feb 27, 2008
Well because Apple HQ is too small, and pretty old, they're building that spaceship next door... that's going to be a building that is representative of a potential $1Tn company.

HE15MAN

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2009
Florida's Treasure Coast
On the far left is Tony Fadell, Nest President.

I'm surprised no one has commented on this photo...

Just goes to show how old this photo is. That's Rubinstein in Blue ("father" of the iPod, and father of HP Web OS). And of course that's a much healthier Steve second from right.

No Forstall, No Eddie Cue, heck not even Tim Cook. Yup, this is the pre-IOS era.

Those look like Nanos near Rubinstein. I wonder what those long ruler-with-magnifying-glass things are.

Leo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.