Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
So just wanted to hear people's thoughts about how much they love the 6g nano. I love mine and wear it as a watch every day. Please people don't want to be a nano bashing thread there are tons of those on here already. Just want people who like there 6g nano. I love mine and wouldn't change anything on it.

TheSuperSteve

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2011
Puerto Rico
I like mine, but its not very practical to wear it as a watch. Its not waterproof for one. The OS gets in the way sometimes as well despite the new watch faces. No bluetooth, so you can't listen to music with it on your wrist without looking like a dork. Its still has a long way to go before it can be an excellent watch.

As a regular iPod though, the nano is excellent. I use it for running and gym mostly. I love the Nike+ feature.

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

I love mine! I wear it as a watch, and once in a while I'll use it to listen to music or the fm radio. I always have my iPhone in my pocket but easier to press a button to check the time than digging in my pocket, especially if I'm sitting down. Got it through the recall program, so if i didn't get if for free, I would not have got it in the first place. Glad I got it!

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
Wirelessly posted

I love mine! I wear it as a watch, and once in a while I'll use it to listen to music or the fm radio. I always have my iPhone in my pocket but easier to press a button to check the time than digging in my pocket, especially if I'm sitting down. Got it through the recall program, so if i didn't get if for free, I would not have got it in the first place. Glad I got it!

LivingLarge

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2010
i was going to get the watch band for mine, but decided against it. I do love the nano for going for a run or walk and while biking for listening to music. It's so much easier than figuring out how to take the iphone with me and not dropping it :eek:.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
I love mine too. I hope they don't change the form factor anytime soon. I've got an aluminum pendant case coming soon for it. I'll be able to wear it around my neck at the gym or on the beach. More practical than trying to wear it as a watch.
http://www.cultofmac.com/147979/the-gentlemans-ipod-nano-is-this-elegant-ipocketwatch/
Just the clip doesn't work so well if you don't have a shirt on. I do wish apple would add a balance control to it though. Otherwise it is pretty much perfect.

Last edited:

iamartimus

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2010
I love mine too. I hope they don't change the form factor anytime soon. I've got an aluminum pendant case coming soon for it. I'll be able to wear it around my neck at the gym or on the beach. More practical than trying to wear it as a watch.
http://www.cultofmac.com/147979/the-gentlemans-ipod-nano-is-this-elegant-ipocketwatch/
Just the clip doesn't work so well if you don't have a shirt on. I do wish apple would add a balance control to it though. Otherwise it is pretty much perfect.

Do you wear this around your neck or is it a pocket watch? Looks and sounds like a pocket watch that you clip to your pants or what ever.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Do you wear this around your neck or is it a pocket watch? Looks and sounds like a pocket watch that you clip to your pants or what ever.
It is conceived as a pocket watch but easily can be just hung from a cord around ones neck. That makes it possible to use headphones with it.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
Don't know why people complain about it not being water proff I wear mine in the rain and snow. I even wash my hands no problem. Not saying like I drown the nano in water but light rain or snow on the screen seems to be ok. As long as the ports stay dry it seems to be ok. Love wearing the iPod as a watch. As for bluetooth I really can't see them doing this with out losing the fm radio because the head phones act as the antenna and the add an internal antenna would make for bad reception IMO. I have heard people say it should lose the head phone jack all together in favor of bluetooth and for me this would be a draw back seeing as I have a few pairs of high end phones I wouldn't want to have to go out and buy another pair of head phones seems silly but if there was an option to turn it on or off I could see that. I just think the battery would drain really fast. Anyway sorry to ramble hope you all have a good day.

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Got my iPW yesterday. It is gorgeous. The aluminum matches my Nano silver color and I have a black cord to hang it around my neck. I use a set of Sony sports earphones with the short cord.. I'd post a picture but they don't allow direct uploads of jpegs here - just links. It makes much more sense to use it this way instead of as a watch on a wrist band. I can listen to the music which is really the main purpose of having one. There was a limited run of 100 of these beauties in the whole world and I got one. :D

Zuplar

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
I use mine on my boat and when I mow and it works great. I actually knocked it off the other day when I was watering in the yard and was afraid it would be ruined. I blew it out and it never missed a beat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.