Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BateroCarbon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Hello, I recently added some songs to iTunes, but they don't appear in the Library. The appear only under the playlist "Recently added". I added the whole folder to the iTunes library (drag and drop). I tried searching for the artist in the library using the search bar, but nothing happened. I used a third party program to change the audio format of the songs to see if this was the problem, but it wasn't. Anyone knows how to fix it?

I can play the songs, but going to the playlist I just mentioned. I have OS X Lion and iTunes 10.6.1. I rebooted my macbook pro 2 times and the problem is still happening. Please help! The songs are in mp3 format and I tried changing them to m4a and AAC. Nothing happened!

warble51

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
I have a similar problem, but it gets weirder. Seemed to start with 10.6.1 (64-bit) and perhaps has something to do with iTunes Match being activated.

I have iTunes & iTunes Match & Home Sharing running on my laptop (MBP) (Lion) and my iMac (Snow Leopard). I added an MP3 album via Command-O on my MBP. It didn't show up anywhere. I quit and re-started iTunes and the album showed up in Recently Added but not in my Library.

On my iMac, I went to my MBP Library via Home Sharing and ! could see the album and import it into my iMac iTunes where it showed up in my Library right away. Once I did that it also showed up in my MBP Library!

I tried it the other way around. Imported another MP3 album into my iMac library, couldn't see it there, saw it on Home Sharing on my MBP, imported into my MBP, it now shows up in both libraries.

(Not sure if it's an MP3 v other formats issue - both these albums were MP3)

:confused::confused:

Additional, possibly related issue: on my iMac I saw an album marked as Matched with the iCloud download icon, but greyed out and clicking on it seemed to do nothing. No download started in the left bar (where the Downloads show up). A little later I checked (after writing this post) and the album had appeared on my iMac!

Not sure if this has something to do with waiting while iTunes Match does its stuff. Whatever the reason, it's mighty confusing.

<raises hand>

Same problem here as well. I have added songs by dragging them directly into the playlist (where I can see them and play them), however when I search in the "music" section of my iTunes Library they do not appear.

(I've search by the name, artist, and by having iTunes show me all songs and then sorting them by date added.)

Also of note: I did verify the files (MP3s) were listed as "music" in the type section in iTunes (just to be sure they were not for some odd-ball reason listed as movies, books, or whatnot) and I am currently running iTunes 10.6.3 with iTunes match enabled.

Any ideas of what I can do to have the songs appear in my iTunes music library?

andyone

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
Same problem here with the new iTunes :(

Edit: after restarting a few times it works. Weird.

maz69

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
itunes music not in library?!

Mine is doing the same... really not liking this new layout for itunes anyway... :(:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.