Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DroidRules

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2010
Went ahead and pulled the trigger, thanks eg2007 for the input. I just started using a knockoff black ops and was digging it but if I can get the sweet draco look minus the reception killing I'll be :D

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Wirelessly posted

DroidRules said:
Went ahead and pulled the trigger, thanks eg2007 for the input. I just started using a knockoff black ops and was digging it but if I can get the sweet draco look minus the reception killing I'll be :D

Awesome. Good luck. Yeah, I've had three aluminum bumpers. All affected my signal horribly.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Even vapor pro? Have u tried it?

Yup. No luck for me. I was bummed. I've tried the aluminum Draco IV, Draco knock-off, and a Vapor Pro Stealth. Love the design, but sometimes they all completely knocked out my cell service and I live in Los Angeles. Weird.

I'll be sticking with plastics for now :)

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Yup. No luck for me. I was bummed. I've tried the aluminum Draco IV, Draco knock-off, and a Vapor Pro Stealth. Love the design, but sometimes they all completely knocked out my cell service and I live in Los Angeles. Weird.

That sucks. What's your signal like normally? So did you end up returning all your aluminums?

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Wirelessly posted

guccigucci88 said:

That sucks. What's your signal like normally? So did you end up returning all your aluminums?

Sold them all on eBay! Now I just use an SGP Linear EX and the Draco cleave Crystal.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Just got mine in the mail today. I must say, I really like it. It's literally the same design, just polycarbonate. It's still held together by two screws in the same location as the aluminum version. The plastic is not solid black, it's a dark crystal, which I really dig. The volume and power buttons ARE BUILT IN. The silent/ringer switch IS NOT. The headphone port is the same depth as the aluminum. And, being plastic, obviously, there is no signal hit at all.

There is no lay on the table design. I have an SGP Glas.t on my 4s and it fits great. I use a Portenzo skin on the back. No issues.

I'll keep it on for a week or so and see if I still dig it. But I have to say, so far, this is exactly what I was hoping Draco Design would create and they did!

Quickly took a bunch of pictures. Enjoy! http://bit.ly/HdueUI

Over a week later, whats your thoughts? I'm still on the fence.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Over a week later, whats your thoughts? I'm still on the fence.

Haven't taken the case off since I received it. Love it. Also bought it in red. That said, I have a few cases and usually end up alternating between them.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
eg2007, if it's not a big problem, could you please post a few pictures with the red version on? Just a couple would do... pretty please? :)

Oh, and is the Mute switch smooth to turn on and off on the 4S? Asking because I have a Draco IV Aluminum version which was originally designed for iPhone 4, the mute switch fits the 4S but in such a way that I can toggle it only from the bottom end of the switch. Thanks tons for the info!

Last edited:

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
eg2007, if it's not a big problem, could you please post a few pictures with the red version on? Just a couple would do... pretty please? :)

Oh, and is the Mute switch smooth to turn on and off on the 4S? Asking because I have a Draco IV Aluminum version which was originally designed for iPhone 4, the mute switch fits the 4S but in such a way that I can toggle it only from the bottom end of the switch. Thanks tons for the info!

Sorry, I actually just put it on Ebay. I thought I'd be alternating between the black and red, but I'm satisfied with the black one. Haven't taken it off since day one!

The mute switch DOES turn it on and off fine for me. No issues.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Sorry, I actually just put it on Ebay. I thought I'd be alternating between the black and red, but I'm satisfied with the black one. Haven't taken it off since day one!

The mute switch DOES turn it on and off fine for me. No issues.

Good to hear :) was the red somewhat pinkish red more than a deep, pure red? I ordered it and am hoping not to regret it.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Good to hear :) was the red somewhat pinkish red more than a deep, pure red? I ordered it and am hoping not to regret it.

It's a clear red. It's nice. I was going to keep it, but it's just sitting in the package and unused. I'm really happy with the case.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-01 at 1.38.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-01 at 1.38.55 PM.png
    232.1 KB · Views: 83

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
It's a clear red. It's nice. I was going to keep it, but it's just sitting in the package and unused. I'm really happy with the case.

Ah, gorgeous. Tons of thanks!

If I may offer a tip for selling it on eBay — you know there are already knock-offs running wild, selling for 9 bucks. You want to be looking for people who care enough to buy an original Draco case for at least 75% of the price you paid for it (and not $5).

There should be a 'genuine check serial' (most probably 11 digits) somewhere on the box. Write in your auction that this is a guaranteed genuine Draco case or you shall return double the money paid. Refer them to the code (but I wouldn't post it publicly) and to this link:

http://www.dracodesigninc.com/Genuine.aspx

You will attract the right crowd.

eg2007

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 23, 2007
Impending Doom?

So, it's been a little over a month since I purchased this case. Now, near the screw holes, cracks are forming. This is probably to be expected, because trying to use screws in plastic is not easy, or, it's just an anomaly with my case. I don't know. I've emailed Draco Designs USA about warranty details. The case isn't broken YET, but I have a feeling it's coming...

Here are some pics of the stress cracks: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzcMLqb

SCARY GAY DAD

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2011
DISNEYLAND
So, it's been a little over a month since I purchased this case. Now, near the screw holes, cracks are forming. This is probably to be expected, because trying to use screws in plastic is not easy, or, it's just an anomaly with my case. I don't know. I've emailed Draco Designs USA about warranty details. The case isn't broken YET, but I have a feeling it's coming...

Here are some pics of the stress cracks: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzcMLqb
Thanks for the 1-month report.

It shouldn't be cracking. Sounds like a design flaw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.