Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dyrenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Singapore
Hello guys,

I'm new in macrumors and I don't know if there has been a thread that discussed about this topic (I also just shifted to Mac from windows). Anyway I'm having problem with this Mac OS feature that automatically minimizes my bunch of open windows when I "click-hold then drag left and right a certain window".

Is there a way to turn this off? Its a problem for me for example when I'm working on photoshop and I need to click and drag open pictures. When I do that there are times that the other open windows would automatically minimize leaving the one you clicked on the only window that is open.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

Dyrenz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Singapore
ScreenShot2012-02-25at15849PM.png

As shown on the image, you'll see that an image in the background begins to minimize. It will happen to all other open windows leaving the one you clicked and dragged on (In this case, I was holding and dragging on the foreground image). This is annoying as sometimes you just would like to reposition your open windows then other windows begin minimizing. Any way to disable this action? Thanks a lot!

By the way, if you click and drag(left then right) it again, it will restore back all the minimized window.

Last edited:

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Feature? Looks like a bug. I'd do an Archive and Install. It won't effect any of your settings or data, just the system.

Ramp

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2012
I have this problem too.

It's happening when I try to drag some window. It's either minimizing or maximizing all my windows.

And I have no idea what to do..

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Do you have BetterTouchTool, Cinch, or similar software installed? This is not a feature of Lion, but it is similar to a Windows feature and may be replicated in one of those programs.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.