Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skygunner27

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012
Haha, ok fair enough. The person who did that should be shot considering how bad of a skinning job they did with that great piece of iCarbons.

Voice Dictation for taking notes....wow, have they invented a mind-reading app so I don't have to talk out loud during meetings and conferences? What a great concept! ;-)

Regarding the stylus, that's exactly what I do to help alleviate the flap construction issue. But since I tend to write/sketch on my iPad with said stylus, I now carry TWO with me everywhere. One for using, one to fix the stupid design flaw of the Vuscape.
I see that we are both on the same page regarding the Vuscape and stylus.:) Is that a bambo stylus? If so how do you like it. I'm considering returning my 3 in 1 because the cap is starting to spin when I use it as a stylus.

Another Targus Vuscape owner. Nice!
Tagrus must be making a killing of of the Vuscape.

I wanna see some pics of the new iPad in a Versavue.

plucky duck

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2012
I see that we are both on the same page regarding the Vuscape and stylus.:) Is that a bambo stylus? If so how do you like it. I'm considering returning my 3 in 1 because the cap is starting to spin when I use it as a stylus.

Tagrus must be making a killing of of the Vuscape.

I wanna see some pics of the new iPad in a Versavue.

I am quite liking the versavue, using the iPad 2 version on the iPad 3 and it fits very snugly. $70 is a bit on the high side but it does offer very good peace of mind.

Skygunner27

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012
I am quite liking the versavue, using the iPad 2 version on the iPad 3 and it fits very snugly. $70 is a bit on the high side but it does offer very good peace of mind.

If I would have know that the iPad 2 Versavue would of fit the new iPad, I may have chosen that case. Does the magnet work for on/off?

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
The wife bought something called a "Temium Smartfolio" for our iPad 2.

Rubberised back with a flip in the style of the Smart Cover (complete with magnets). We wanted something that would protect the rear and corner edges as our daughter will be using it a lot.
WP_000115%20%282%29.jpg

WP_000116%20%282%29.jpg

WP_000120%20%282%29.jpg

WP_000121%20%282%29.jpg

WP_000124%20%282%29.jpg

MacAttacka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
If I would have know that the iPad 2 Versavue would of fit the new iPad, I may have chosen that case. Does the magnet work for on/off?

There's a dedicated Versavue for the iPad 3. Its chunky and the rotation mechanism isnt great. Its clunky and doesnt lock in place. Buy the Vuscape or from a different manufacturer if you need the rotation.

Skygunner27

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012
The wife bought something called a "Temium Smartfolio" for our iPad 2.

Rubberised back with a flip in the style of the Smart Cover (complete with magnets). We wanted something that would protect the rear and corner edges as our daughter will be using it a lot.
Nice iPad setup!! I've owned a bunch of TF201's all with wifi and bt problems. How's your Prime?
There's a dedicated Versavue for the iPad 3. Its chunky and the rotation mechanism isnt great. Its clunky and doesnt lock in place. Buy the Vuscape or from a different manufacturer if you need the rotation.
The new iPad Versavue cases at my local Bestbuy's have defective magnets....other than that the Versavue is awesome. For general purpose I prefer my Vuscape. There are times where the extra bulk of the Versavue for protection would be nice. I'll probably get a Versavue as well once they solve the magnet problem.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I have tried many cases for the new iPad and went through the same process for my original iPad. I would have chosen the same case for my new iPad but I haven't seen the same one out there in the market yet.

My preference in a case is the following:

• Have a slim form
  • Must not be heavy in weight
  • Leave the bezel exposed
  • Material that can be easily cleaned
  • Must have a stable and secure typing position
  • Magnets that sleep and awake the iPad but don't do it when held against the back
  • 30 Pin port opening big enough to support the Camera Adapter
  • Open speaker so not to muffle the sound

This Griffin Intellicase does all of the above. I know others have passed on it due to it being too lightweight without enough protection but for me it just works. I originally purchased this in black for the iPad 2 and it fit but very tight. The new version fits perfectly and the outside has more of a texture to it. It also comes in various colors. I have it in white and have also ordered the red.

It is definitely a minimalistic case without much protection but for me, I don't need a lot of protection. When out and about I use the STM Scout bag for additional protection. My two top "must haves" were a slim/light form and secure typing position. This case scores tops in both. The material is also TPU and even the white, wipes clean with a little glass cleaner and microfiber cloth. the magnets are perfect. Strong enough so that the cover doesn't squish around and turn on and off, but not so strong to turn off the iPad when folded on the back side.

Love this case!

I like cases like this. Super slim, protects the back, and matches front cover that also acts like a smart cover.

When are more cases going to be available? I'm dying to get a new one that perfectly fits my new iPad.

gamecube117

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2012
I have tried many cases for the new iPad and went through the same process for my original iPad. I would have chosen the same case for my new iPad but I haven't seen the same one out there in the market yet.

My preference in a case is the following:

• Have a slim form
  • Must not be heavy in weight
  • Leave the bezel exposed
  • Material that can be easily cleaned
  • Must have a stable and secure typing position
  • Magnets that sleep and awake the iPad but don't do it when held against the back
  • 30 Pin port opening big enough to support the Camera Adapter
  • Open speaker so not to muffle the sound

This Griffin Intellicase does all of the above. I know others have passed on it due to it being too lightweight without enough protection but for me it just works. I originally purchased this in black for the iPad 2 and it fit but very tight. The new version fits perfectly and the outside has more of a texture to it. It also comes in various colors. I have it in white and have also ordered the red.

It is definitely a minimalistic case without much protection but for me, I don't need a lot of protection. When out and about I use the STM Scout bag for additional protection. My two top "must haves" were a slim/light form and secure typing position. This case scores tops in both. The material is also TPU and even the white, wipes clean with a little glass cleaner and microfiber cloth. the magnets are perfect. Strong enough so that the cover doesn't squish around and turn on and off, but not so strong to turn off the iPad when folded on the back side.

Love this case!

I'm looking for something similar to what you've listed. I want something slim, tone on tone stitching (so if it's a black case, I want black stitching, not white), must cover both back and front, etc. I want it to be really "simple". Something nice and sleek. No logos. Unfortunately I cannot find one, thus I don't own an iPad yet. I want to find the perfect case before I purchase my iPad.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I'm looking for something similar to what you've listed. I want something slim, tone on tone stitching (so if it's a black case, I want black stitching, not white), must cover both back and front, etc. I want it to be really "simple". Something nice and sleek. No logos. Unfortunately I cannot find one, thus I don't own an iPad yet. I want to find the perfect case before I purchase my iPad.

Are you serious? You are waiting to buy an iPad bc you didn't find the perfect case yet?? Lol I think that might be more OCD than those in search of the perfect screen on the new iPad ;):D Jk lol

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Nice iPad setup!! I've owned a bunch of TF201's all with wifi and bt problems. How's your Prime?

Thanks!

No problems so far with the Prime but I haven't tested GPS yet (I doubt I'll use it to be honest! ))
I have one of the "C30" serial number models which supposedly has had a few internal fixes but I can't compare it to the older models at all as this is my first Prime.

Skygunner27

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2012
Thanks!

No problems so far with the Prime but I haven't tested GPS yet (I doubt I'll use it to be honest! ))
I have one of the "C30" serial number models which supposedly has had a few internal fixes but I can't compare it to the older models at all as this is my first Prime.

All of my Primes had good gps. I'm glad you got a good Prime on your first try. I had BC to C2...nothing but problems.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire

Go for the iPad - you'll settle on a case. Here's my girlie case.

Attachments

• photo-10.jpg
    photo-10.jpg
    557.9 KB · Views: 193
  • photo-12.jpg
    photo-12.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 214

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
This is my "case" and probably won't change. I had the Belkin Snap Shield but I didn't like the feel when I was holding it. The iPad felt bulky. I got these from stickerb0y. Already had the red smart cover, went for black since the shades of red do not match.

ipadskinsb1.jpg

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Does Snapshield for iPad 2 fits with the new iPad? Thanks!

Well, it definitely fit mine (I actually tried it right at the store), but I’ve heard a few folks say it was too tight. I guess there’s enough variation in the case that most fit an iPad 3rd gen, but YMMV. :)

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334409357.542832.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334409395.103157.jpg

For the last year I was using just the pink smart cover with a matching back. I've now passed that on to my daughter (she just bought her own iPad2)

Currently my iPad2 is happily ensconced in a pink ZAGGfolio. Love it!

Last edited:

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
This is my "case" and probably won't change. I had the Belkin Snap Shield but I didn't like the feel when I was holding it. The iPad felt bulky. I got these from stickerb0y. Already had the red smart cover, went for black since the shades of red do not match.

Dope! I'm checking out SB now. Thanks.

Last edited:

MacAttacka

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
Has anyone tried a silicone glove? I've been using these with my smartphones for years. The keep the device scratch resistant, grippy and are thin and light. I bought a crappy one for the iPad 3 that turned out to be too loose but I ditched it for a proper case. These are still very cheap and highly recommended. I just wonder if anyone is using one?

220626560.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.