Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle
Yes its being processed but as you can see from their site, it won't be ship for 2 weeks.

Ah thanks. I just tweeted the Nikestore and they said I'm not getting the e-mail yet due to high order volumes and that I'll probably receive one sometime today.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Ah thanks. I just tweeted the Nikestore and they said I'm not getting the e-mail yet due to high order volumes and that I'll probably receive one sometime today.

I did receive an email shortly after i placed an order but I wouldn't worry too much if i were you.

kjjameson

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2012
Loved it (while it worked!!!)

I have had my fuelband (synched to my MAC) for about 1 month. It worked great and I loved it, however for some odd reason yesterday morning it just stopped registering activity and is stuck at 0. I have call Nike support, have soft & hard-reset the device multiple times, but cannot get it to work. I am extremely disappointed. Since I could not get this directly from the Nike store/website due to availability (believe me, I waited on-line several times when "more" became available) I ended up purchasing on eBay, so now I have no receipt to send back under the manufacturer's warranty for a replacement. Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to fix it??

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I have had my fuelband (synched to my MAC) for about 1 month. It worked great and I loved it, however for some odd reason yesterday morning it just stopped registering activity and is stuck at 0. I have call Nike support, have soft & hard-reset the device multiple times, but cannot get it to work. I am extremely disappointed. Since I could not get this directly from the Nike store/website due to availability (believe me, I waited on-line several times when "more" became available) I ended up purchasing on eBay, so now I have no receipt to send back under the manufacturer's warranty for a replacement. Has anyone else had this problem and were you able to fix it??

Check my response in your other thread.

newbiemacguy128

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
For those who ordered the fuel band a couple days ago, mine just shipped. There was no email telling me it shipped or anything, I went to the website and checked. Pretty excited, loved the Jawbone UP, but it failed on me :(.

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle
For those who ordered the fuel band a couple days ago, mine just shipped. There was no email telling me it shipped or anything, I went to the website and checked. Pretty excited, loved the Jawbone UP, but it failed on me :(.

i went to check my order status as soon as you posted this but unfortunately mine still says "pending" for the status :( what day did you place your order? mine was placed on the 10th

facke02

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2010

Mine shipped yesterday and will be delivered today.... My email came early this morning saying they shipped it ground. UPS sent it by Air.

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
im definitely gonna grab one, but as of now the larges are out of stock :(.

so looks like ill be waiting til they get more.

as for the sizing...i did print and cut out the size guide from the pdf and put it around my wrist.... just curious if anybody who purchased one did the same thing and how accurate it was.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
im definitely gonna grab one, but as of now the larges are out of stock :(.

so looks like ill be waiting til they get more.

as for the sizing...i did print and cut out the size guide from the pdf and put it around my wrist.... just curious if anybody who purchased one did the same thing and how accurate it was.

I did measure mine against the print out and it showed that I needed Large. However when i received it, I could have gone with Medium as well.

Remember the band does come with 2 clasp that allows you to extend out the band.

iproductsuser

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
Honestly, this product is over rated and not worth the money. It's cool for a few days but it gets useless and old fast.

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
I did measure mine against the print out and it showed that I needed Large. However when i received it, I could have gone with Medium as well.

Remember the band does come with 2 clasp that allows you to extend out the band.

yea when i measured with the print out...i put it snug to my wrist...

here is a pic to show where it was. and i had to keep in mind that the printout also said that it accounts for the "extra links" so i figured id need a large and without the links should fit snug.

what you think?

photo.jpg

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
yea when i measured with the print out...i put it snug to my wrist...

here is a pic to show where it was. and i had to keep in mind that the printout also said that it accounts for the "extra links" so i figured id need a large and without the links should fit snug.

what you think?

If thats the case, then i would trust the measurement. Its there for a reason. :)

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Just to chime in here: I've been using mine since release day and this thing definitely does help me get extra motivated to reach my Goal every day. I started out with a Medium because of the size chart, but I ended up with a Small for more comfort. The medium would slide too far down my puny wrist. I definitely disagree with people saying this thing is a gimmick, but it’s not for everyone. Anyone who wants to be more active and is trying to live a healthy lifestyle, I’d say this is for you so you can keep track of where you are in the day and how much more you have to work to get to your goal.

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
Just to chime in here: I've been using mine since release day and this thing definitely does help me get extra motivated to reach my Goal every day. I started out with a Medium because of the size chart, but I ended up with a Small for more comfort. The medium would slide too far down my puny wrist. I definitely disagree with people saying this thing is a gimmick, but it’s not for everyone. Anyone who wants to be more active and is trying to live a healthy lifestyle, I’d say this is for you so you can keep track of where you are in the day and how much more you have to work to get to your goal.

I agree with you. People who call this gimmick are the same people that sit on their ass and have waist size above 40 and never hit the gym.

DK1ng

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2011
Seattle
I got an email early this morning saying mine shipped and should be here(northern california) by this thursday :D

----------

When I used the measurement, the arrow sat right in the middle, maybe a tad bit more towards large, but I like a snug fit also. Do you think the medium will be too big for me?

FarSeide

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Earth Lane
I got an email early this morning saying mine shipped and should be here(northern california) by this thursday :D

----------

When I used the measurement, the arrow sat right in the middle, maybe a tad bit more towards large, but I like a snug fit also. Do you think the medium will be too big for me?

Medium will be fine. Just take out the clasp and it will fit perfect.

Skunkape123

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2011
for anybody that has been using it.... and have a desk job. I saw someone complain that even while sitting and typing, and also basic movements at a desk, the band was counting and at the end of the day was saying he walked 2 miles...which is not accurate at all.

has anybody else had similar issues like this? don't really want to have it read incorrectly while im just sitting at my desk/computer all day.... and dont have to have to take it off while working either...what would be the point of buying it then if i can't where it all day :)

Sunsean

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2012
for anybody that has been using it.... and have a desk job. I saw someone complain that even while sitting and typing, and also basic movements at a desk, the band was counting and at the end of the day was saying he walked 2 miles...which is not accurate at all.

has anybody else had similar issues like this? don't really want to have it read incorrectly while im just sitting at my desk/computer all day.... and dont have to have to take it off while working either...what would be the point of buying it then if i can't where it all day :)

I've been reading similar things online...seems like a really cool idea, and I like the bracelet, but $150 for something that doesn't work accurately is a waste.

newbiemacguy128

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009

Seems like they change the shipping status on the Nike website before the emails get sent out! Sorry I didn't reply earlier btw...I got a Diablo 3 beta key sent to me a few days ago :roll eyes:.

newbiemacguy128

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
I've been reading similar things online...seems like a really cool idea, and I like the bracelet, but $150 for something that doesn't work accurately is a waste.

Someone on macrumors (I think) gave me the idea of calibrating my fuel band by averaging three or more non-workout days and setting my goal higher then this number. So as long as I can get a ball park estimate of how much i've done compared to a normal day, I think its great. Is it worth 150$? Probably not. My gadget lust gets to me sometimes.

Sunsean

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2012
Someone on macrumors (I think) gave me the idea of calibrating my fuel band by averaging three or more non-workout days and setting my goal higher then this number. So as long as I can get a ball park estimate of how much i've done compared to a normal day, I think its great. Is it worth 150$? Probably not. My gadget lust gets to me sometimes.

Yeah...I already have the Nike+ GPS app for my runs, which works really well (assuming it's accurate...). Can't really see spending the $150 for this, though I do like the design/concept...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.