Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MJNBGA

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 26, 2011
New Zealand
This is a question I ask myself with every product purchase, and I most always convince myself that now is the time to buy.

With my imminent purchase of an iPod touch though, I feel different. Should I buy one now, or wait until a new generation? After all, the current generation hasn't seen a specification update in approx. 2 years, and I feel that it mat start to become outdated.

Your thoughts? :confused:

Thanks.

-MJNBGA

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
This is a question I ask myself with every product purchase, and I most always convince myself that now is the time to buy.

With my imminent purchase of an iPod touch though, I feel different. Should I buy one now, or wait until a new generation? After all, the current generation hasn't seen a specification update in approx. 2 years, and I feel that it mat start to become outdated.

Your thoughts? :confused:

Thanks.

-MJNBGA

If it's updated, it most likely won't be until the new iPhone comes out. That will probably be this Fall again. If that's too quick of an update for you, then don't buy it.

Invincibilizer

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2011
If you can wait, then wait but there is no guarantee of a update.

Current iPod touch is okay, it lags a bit and camera is horrific but everything else works fine.

hardcoreericxxx

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
If you have a desire to have it now, I'd buy it used. I typically see them on craigslist for $100-$120. Then you can get a new one when it comes out, and sell the old one with relitively little money loss.

Lunchbox700

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2008
MN
I'm just throwing this out there but maybe it won't update with the phones. Its already out of sync with the phones. Plus if the specs are going to be different then the phones maybe it would be good to start separating them a little. Just saying it wouldn't be a huge shock if we saw it sooner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.