Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marsk

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2011
Hi,

I got the xbox 360 wireless controller to working on Mac OSX Lion, all the key seems working fine on system pref. However, when I try to play it on GTA:SA , it went crazy keep right rotating and the game only stay on bird eyes view...

Just wondering anyone here got it working on GTA? Many thanks! Cheers ~

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hi,

I got the xbox 360 wireless controller to working on Mac OSX Lion, all the key seems working fine on system pref. However, when I try to play it on GTA:SA , it went crazy keep right rotating and the game only stay on bird eyes view...

The game also needs to support the pad, perhaps the game does not have 360 pad support I have found through experience you often have to program special extra 360 only code to get the 360 pad working even after the drivers are installed. The 360 pad is none standard in almost every way and has special needs compared to other devices ;)

Edwin

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
sigh ok...i just bought a mad catz 360 WIRED controller from target. still not getting anywhere with the driver or getting the mac to recognize the device :(

I'm not sure if third party control pads will work. To be honest it's best to stick with the official controller for the best results.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I'm not sure if third party control pads will work. To be honest it's best to stick with the official controller for the best results.

If you install the latest drivers it says it supports some third party devices which includes some MadCatz pads (don't know if your specific one will work).

You can look at the list by clicking on the + button in the top left of the driver panel in System Preferences.

Edwin

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
FYI, I tried to use this with gameloft's nova & modern combat: domination, and even though it supports gamepads, the triggers are inop. My best guess is it is because the triggers are analog, rather than on/off buttons. I contacted game loft, they just said that they would forward it along, no solution at this time.

crono288

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2011
sigh ok...i just bought a mad catz 360 WIRED controller from target. still not getting anywhere with the driver or getting the mac to recognize the device :(

Having this same problem as well, tried on two different 10.6.8 machines and despite the controller type being in the list it never detects it. System Profiler lists is at "MadCatz GamePad". Any ideas?

Edit: the third-to-last comment here (a mediafire link) solves the problem http://www.creativdeveloper.com/?p=103&cpage=1#comment-158

Last edited:

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
I did just purchase the gamepad companion on the mac app store for $8, but it still won't let me remap those triggers, because it is an axis it needs 2 keys, one for trigger at rest, and another for the trigger in use. I could figure out a key for when I am holding the trigger, but I need "no" key presses while at rest, which the program can't configure... The reviews do show a lot of people enjoying using a PS3 controller however.

E119

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2011
No devices found ! help

Hello.

I am trying to make an xbox 360 controller work on my MacPro 1.1.

There is in the preference panes, "Pref360Control", but it does not recognise my controller.

I have read loads of threads and I have tried the sudo commands, and the results are below.

I tried downloading the new version of tattiebogle and performing the sudo on that, but no joy.

What aspect of the 360 ControllerInstall do I need to perform sudo on? the disc image, the .pkg?

Honestly, what is the point of having an xbox 360 Controllers item in the System Preferences if it doesn't work?

Strangely the controller WAS recognised when I first plugged it in, but after that, nothing.

Please help, I'm tired of gaming off the keyboard.

MANY THANKS

Macpro 1.1 OS X 10.6.8

Here is what my terminal said;

Users-Mac-Pro:360ControllerInstall user$ cd /Users/xxxxx/Downloads/360ControllerInstall
Users-Mac-Pro:360ControllerInstall user$ sudo sh 360ControllerInstall.sh

Xbox 360 Controller driver installer for Mac OS X 10.6 'Snow Leopard'

-n Verifying disk image...
verified!

Removing any previous installs...
-n Unloading kernel extensions...
(kernel) Kext com.mice.driver.Xbox360Controller not found for unload request.
Failed to unload com.mice.driver.Xbox360Controller - (libkern/kext) not found.
(kernel) Kext com.mice.driver.Wireless360Controller not found for unload request.
Failed to unload com.mice.driver.Wireless360Controller - (libkern/kext) not found.
Can't open CFBundle for /System/Library/Extensions/Wireless360GamingReceiver.kext.
done!
-n Removing files...
done!
done!

-n Mounting disk image...
done!
-n Extracting archive...
done!
-n Copying files to proper locations...
cp: 360ControllerTemp/: unable to copy extended attributes to /: Is a directory
done!
-n Loading kernel extensions...
done!
-n Cleaning up...
rm: Archive.pax.gz: No such file or directory
done!

It is highly recommended that you restart after installing. If you choose not to restart, wait a few minutes before connecting any controllers. A log of this process has been created as 360ControllerDiag.txt
Users-Mac-Pro:360ControllerInstall user$

; This sounds good, but it didn't work, I've tried with all different releases of tattieboogle, and although I can now use Terminal to execute installs, the Pref360Control pane in still not picking up my 360 controller.

Any ideas? Thanks, E119.

Last edited:

jplaza

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
Afterglow

I just bought an Afterglow xbox 360 controller but for some reason it wont work on my MacBookPro-Lion. Does anybody know how to fix this? need help fast!

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
I just bought an Afterglow xbox 360 controller but for some reason it wont work on my MacBookPro-Lion. Does anybody know how to fix this? need help fast!

Third party pads are not all recognised by the tattieboogle drivers, some are some are not. If yours is not supported you might be able to help I suggest dropping him an email.

Edwin

kenny21

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2011
Hi i have the 360 controller and not working too Help.

RyanMacm

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2012
i have a wired controller I'm trying to get it going but it's not doing anything. i got the drivers downloaded and the gamepad companion downloaded and bought. yet nothing.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Hi,

How'd you get the wireless to work?

slbstmrd

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2012
Hey, after countless hours of trying to get my Razer Onza TE work with OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) on my Macbook Pro 4.1 and I finally give up.

I'm running the edited 008 and have tried editing Info.plist both manually and using the automated script, it changes absolutely nothing either way, the controller shows up in system prefs like this;

XBOX360 GAMEPAD:

Product ID: 0xfd00
Vendor ID: 0x1689
Version: 1.24
Serial Number: 06B6C124
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Razer
Location ID: 0x1d100000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

However, Pref360Controls "Device" drop-down menu only displays "No devices found".

I put the proper product/vendor ids (mine are slightly different than the supplied ones in the most recent ControllerList-15.plist) into Info.plist. No dice.

Removed EVERY other controller info EXCEPT the Razer Onza TE. No dice.

I even got so frustrated with having absolutely no progress at al that I tried using the 'raw' hex values from system prefs/USB with no luck.

From searching pretty much the entire web and every nook and cranny you could think of, I've come to the conclusion that I am far from alone suffering these issues. Seems like everyone else gave up or either got it working (seemingly miraculously) without telling anyone.

This seems like it spans outside the range of third party hardware glitch or whatnot, like some other underlying problem is facilitating this.

So please, any ideas?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Hey, after countless hours of trying to get my Razer Onza TE work with OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) on my Macbook Pro 4.1 and I finally give up.

I'm running the edited 008 and have tried editing Info.plist both manually and using the automated script, it changes absolutely nothing either way, the controller shows up in system prefs like this;

However, Pref360Controls "Device" drop-down menu only displays "No devices found".

I put the proper product/vendor ids (mine are slightly different than the supplied ones in the most recent ControllerList-15.plist) into Info.plist. No dice.

Removed EVERY other controller info EXCEPT the Razer Onza TE. No dice.

I even got so frustrated with having absolutely no progress at al that I tried using the 'raw' hex values from system prefs/USB with no luck.

From searching pretty much the entire web and every nook and cranny you could think of, I've come to the conclusion that I am far from alone suffering these issues. Seems like everyone else gave up or either got it working (seemingly miraculously) without telling anyone.

This seems like it spans outside the range of third party hardware glitch or whatnot, like some other underlying problem is facilitating this.

So please, any ideas?

I think the Razor pretends to be a standard USB gamepad (not a XBox X-Input pad) so it does not need the drivers to be installed. I don't have one in the office here but I made a Feral support file for this specific pad for a customer a few weeks ago and I know the customer has the working great.

The plugin system only works on Feral games but I am pretty sure from the information I was sent and the customers replies that the pad acts like a standard gamepad (Logitech for example) on the Mac not like a 360 console gamepad.

Hope that helps solving your puzzle.

Edwin

bigdz68

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2004
Bay YAYrea
Planning on buying Borderlands GOTY.
Anyone know if the XBOX Wired controller works with this game?
I have OSX Lion and a MacBook Pro I will be running it on.
Anyone?

Iaan

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Italy, near Venice
My controller... is different?

Hi,
I read this thread and I'm very interested on it.

I bought a XBOX wired controller (microsoft, original) but it doesn't' work. I installed the drivers but it just said "no devices found".

Someone could help me? I try it on several devices, such a macmini, powerbook, macbook and macbook air. From Tiger to Lion, but it never works. What's my problem?
Really, I have no more ideas....

Thanks for reading.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Planning on buying Borderlands GOTY.
Anyone know if the XBOX Wired controller works with this game?
I have OSX Lion and a MacBook Pro I will be running it on.
Anyone?

Yes, but the driver you need to install to get 360 pads working is open source. However if the drivers are working correctly the game has full support.

Doesnt work with my AfterGlow

With our newer games we support even more pads but I am not sure if the Afterglow will work as it will require support from the TattieBoggle drivers before it will work in the game.

If it works with the Mac 360 drivers but not in the game please let us know via support and we will see if we can make a support file. We have added more and more pads to our supported list of pads and have well over 30 devices supported in most modern games due to our gamepad plugin system making it easy to add new pads to the supported list after launch.

Hi,
I read this thread and I'm very interested on it.

I bought a XBOX wired controller (microsoft, original) but it doesn't' work. I installed the drivers but it just said "no devices found".

Someone could help me? I try it on several devices, such a macmini, powerbook, macbook and macbook air. From Tiger to Lion, but it never works. What's my problem?
Really, I have no more ideas....

Thanks for reading.

Is this an original XBox or Original 360 pad? With the 360 pad you just need to install the latest version reboot and the drivers should pickup your gamepad. If the drivers find the gamepad it will work in all our games including Borderlands.

Edwin

Iaan

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Italy, near Venice
Is this an original XBox or Original 360 pad? With the 360 pad you just need to install the latest version reboot and the drivers should pickup your gamepad. If the drivers find the gamepad it will work in all our games including Borderlands.

Edwin

What is the difference? I bought this controller:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...VC/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1334085338&sr=8-15

I think is the XBOX controller with a USB adapter, original by microsoft. What should I do?

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
What is the difference? I bought this controller:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...VC/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1334085338&sr=8-15

I think is the XBOX controller with a USB adapter, original by microsoft. What should I do?

Microsoft made an XBox and then the Xbox 360 they used different pads but you can get both to work on the Mac with adapters/drivers.

You should install the latest tattieboggle drivers for the 360 and check it is recognised in your "System Preferences" application in the 360 driver control panel. Make sure you plug your 360 pad directly into your Mac not via a hub.

If it works in the control panel you should check the game work and if it supports gamepads. Not all games support gamepads so that could be your issue.

If your pad is still not recognised I don't know what to do but you could try contacting support on the tattieboggle site.

Edwin

Iaan

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Italy, near Venice
Microsoft made an XBox and then the Xbox 360 they used different pads but you can get both to work on the Mac with adapters/drivers.

You should install the latest tattieboggle drivers for the 360 and check it is recognised in your "System Preferences" application in the 360 driver control panel. Make sure you plug your 360 pad directly into your Mac not via a hub.

If it works in the control panel you should check the game work and if it supports gamepads. Not all games support gamepads so that could be your issue.

If your pad is still not recognised I don't know what to do but you could try contacting support on the tattieboggle site.

Edwin

Ok...
- it's a 360 controller, the white one. Wired, plugged with USB.
- I installed the latest version of the driver for 360 XBOX
- the controller is plug into the usb port of a macbook air.
- in the system preferences panel... same problem. "no devices found", and anything works.

This is the report of System Information:
Controller:

Product ID: 0xfa01
Vendor ID: 0x1bad
Version: 1,10
Serial Number: 1005440
Manufacturer: Microsoft Inc.
Location ID: 0xfd120000 / 4

I would like to use the controller with call of duty, which doesn't support the joystick natively. So I have to use a software called controllermate. In the "Device list" it shows the internal keyboard/trackpad and everything else, but not the controller.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Ok...
- it's a 360 controller, the white one. Wired, plugged with USB.
- I installed the latest version of the driver for 360 XBOX
- the controller is plug into the usb port of a macbook air.
- in the system preferences panel... same problem. "no devices found", and anything works.

This is the report of System Information:
Controller:

Product ID: 0xfa01
Vendor ID: 0x1bad
Version: 1,10
Serial Number: 1005440
Manufacturer: Microsoft Inc.
Location ID: 0xfd120000 / 4

I would like to use the controller with call of duty, which doesn't support the joystick natively. So I have to use a software called controllermate. In the "Device list" it shows the internal keyboard/trackpad and everything else, but not the controller.

I have no clue I would contact TattieBoggle directly with the info you posted above looks like a 360 driver issue.

Good Luck!

Edwin

Iaan

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Italy, near Venice
I have no clue I would contact TattieBoggle directly with the info you posted above looks like a 360 driver issue.

Good Luck!

Edwin

Ok Edwin, thank u for your patient and your answer.

I already contacted tattieboggle last week but he doesn't answer to me yet. Is there an email with which I can contact him directly?

----------

Good Luck!

Edwin

Oh, maybe I bought the wrong controller?
Look at this, is the one i bought.
Is this compatible with Mac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.