Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hikyknim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
51%2BuPynP%2BcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007I7A3GE

So excited to see this product on Amazon, but it was only for preorder for $70!!
SPIGEN customer service told me that Amazon preorder started today, and they said that they might have the item earlier than promised date (April 30).
I will be the first one to glas t. since i preorder it today from Amazon.

Last edited:

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal

So excited to see this product on Amazon, but it was only for preorder for $70!!
SPIGEN customer service told me that Amazon preorder started today, and they said that they might have the item earlier than promised date (April 30).

you are nuts! $70?! are you that careless with your ipad that you scratch the screen?

let me guess you have a bunch of kids that play with your ipad

dude - save your money :rolleyes:

hikyknim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2011
I am not careless, and i do not have any kids at this moment.
applecare + for the new iPad is like what $100? did not wanted to buy it because there is a higher chance that my iPad will not break down or have any defective issues (but who knows in the future).
Instead of getting the applecare, i bought $70 screen protector, and $15 back cover case from Amazon, and i think it is worth of money to protect my gadget :D:D

Born Again

Suspended
May 12, 2011
Norcal

applecare + for the new iPad is like what $100? did not wanted to buy it because there is a higher chance that my iPad will not break down or have any defective issues (but who knows in the future).
Instead of getting the applecare, i bought $70 screen protector, and $15 back cover case from Amazon, and i think it is worth of money to protect my gadget :D:D

just to comment on the strength of the screen...

i had my dog walk all over it and it was still fine and i sold it without issue - NO screen protector.

if u plan on holding onto it for a while - maybe it's worth it - but i imagine it does effect performance

rhythmac

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2009
NYC
If something goes wrong with your iPad and you have to return it for a replacement (AppleCare+), you will need to purchase another $70 "screen protector".....uh....no deal

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
If this were $35.00 and half the thickness, it might be worth consideration, but with AppleCare+ it makes no sense on any level whatsoever.

Adding a 0.4 mm sheet of glass with an unprotected edge to the device makes no sense to me on any level, cool as the concept and execution might be. Combined with only one chance to install correctly, no reusability and a sharp, square exposed edge- those are fatal flaws at that price.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I'd never buy this. My opinion is its foolish. If it had a lifetime replacement then might be a consideration. But honestly not worth it to me.

orlandocano

macrumors regular
Apr 23, 2010
I was foolish and purchased the iPhone version. But as another poster said in an earlier post, the edges of the glass are unprotected. I dropped my iPhone onto a hardwood floor. The drop was less than 1 foot. The corner of the screen shield shattered, and it eventually extended until the whole front of the shield was cracked. $30 thrown out the window.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
what screen protector are you getting for this?

:D

Lol! :D

$70 is way too much. If you drop your iPad badly enough for it to break, this glass will break a long with it. So now you've dropped your expensive iPad plus another $70 on top!:D

Just get Apple care if you're going to to spend that amount of money.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I have glas.t on my iphone and love it. For the iPad, however, I will not buy.

Way too expensive, and its just not clear what cases this will actually work with.

When Spigen does a 50% to 75% off sale...I'll get one.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas

AppleCare+ is only $0.13 a day

after 2 years the iPad will be outdated. :apple:

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
Don't buy this product from Spigen.

Their manufacturing is a hot mess and you could end up with duds. They will play games with you and screw you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.