Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kazahma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Anyone else unable to get this update to actually install? Downloads, restarts, continues to sit there and troll me each and every time.

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
I can't find the link to back me up but it actually does install. Had the issue on Lion as well. I checked display in system preferences and it was updated but continued to show me the update. I'll see if I can find the discussion

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
It’s been brought up before - it’s a known bug with Software update. My theory is that the update thinks it’s required due to a check that gets performed erroneously for some reason - probably a version number somewhere. It’s not needed because you already have it but it gets requested for some reason. Just ignore it since it won’t install again.

Apple is already aware of this undoubtedly and it’s been brought up here before. It seems to be a low priority to fix since it won’t install anyway.

alexcanton

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2012
Gold Coast, AU
I can confirm that I was able to install this update on Mountain Lion DP2 on two MacBook Pro's and an iMac. Originally I couldn't, but I tried again the other day and they installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.