Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Hey guys bit of a panic:

I was doing my normal stuff(browsing these forums and ebay) on my Powermac G4 when suddenly i got one of those evil OSX Tiger please restart screens popup in the middle of my screen telling me to restart my computer by hitting the reste button or holding the power button for 6 seconds......I proceeded to do this and myu powermac now wont boot properly!!!

So now my powermac switches on but doesnt show anything on the screen my monitor remains black. I have tried re-seating the graphicscard and RAM but neither have done the trick.

I would be very grateful for some help and if anyone would know what the cause of a problem like this could be i would like to know.

Thanks in advance,

SHadow :eek:

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Thanks given all these a try but still no luck think i have to get hold ofa new PRAM battery, but any iother suggestions are welcome,

Thanks

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
ok

try zappping the pram hold down apple key+control+p+r at the same time then press start-up let it chime 3 times and let go

also hold apple+control+o+f and start up when in open firmware type reset nv-ram

hope the work or look for the location of the pmu and do a reset go to apples website for more info

failing that try swapping ram testing it etc

try the basic things if no joy looks like a hardware problem

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Solved the problem by replacing the battery, it was 6yrs old after all, well the Yikes will do for now until i get my mac mini,

Thanks,
shadow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.