Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alan Menhennet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2009
Greetings,
I embarked upon what I thought would be a simple task.. making a 8 page publication to be distributed to about 10 people. I delved into the Adobe solution DPS, which is targeted at major publications and charge you your first born for it.

In a nutshell I want a way to distribute a free magazine, I can push out a pdf from InDesign no issue, but I really want to be able to have the reader rotate from portrait to landscape and have all the elements change, as the do in magazines created with DPS. What is especially frustrating is that Interactive PDF's are unusable on an iPad. I don't want to pay for something I'm giving out for free...

Does anyone have any simple solution to this?
-Thanks in advance
-Alan

Alan Menhennet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2009
Thanks for the advice, I can't believe ibooks author slipped my mind. I must have assumed it was to entry user targeted.

After about 5 hours I had converted my entire publication and done arrangements for both orientations and added all my interactive content. Not bad for having never used the software before. For anyone from inDesign it's pretty good and has most features you want.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.