Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rbkhockey83

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2011
I saw there was a thread on snapseed v. iphoto last month but it only had 1 reply and iPhoto has been out for longer now. I'm wondering which photo editor to get on my iPhone, it seems like iPhoto has more adjusting and tweaking while Snapseed has more filters. Which do you prefer? Or is there another app that you like better?

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
Why not use of a mix of several - thats the beauty of apps.

I'm keen on Camera+, Photoshop Express and iPhoto, although I do have Snapseed. Also try Luminance.

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida
I have purchased a few apps for photos, including Snapseed, but find myself using Photogene all the time.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
a simple crop I will use Photo...(not iPhoto)

for all else I use Snapseed. it is Wonderful. I have Camera+ and a few others but those are kids tools. I have used Adobe PS Express before I had Snapseed.

Snapseed is great on the iPad as well and is universal.

heliox8614

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
I have a ton of photo editing apps, but a few favorites are:

General photo editing w/ cropping & straightening:
Snapseed
Iris
Photoshop Express
Photoforge
Photogene 2
Luminance

Image processing w/ no cropping or straightening:
Process (I really like the way this app handles adjustments as layers. It's very non-linear, and easy re-edit each adjustment, also allows you to save "processes" to the cloud for future use, and to share them by email. I can't recommend this app enough. Get it )

BTW, I am not affiliated with the Process app at all. I got it recently, and it immediately became one of my favorites. It might be my favorite photo app, but lack of cropping and straightening limit it somewhat. It is pretty awesome for what it does, though.

nycfonephreak

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
I've been using Snapseed and I like it. But I'd like to be able to resize the image so that it's under 300k when I share on Flickr (or share anywhere) and I'd also like to be able to add a small watermark.

Do any of the other apps mentioned in this thread allow either or both of these to be done?

Oh, I am still using the original iPad so compatibility with that is another consideration

SWPROX

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Vancouver,Canada
Hi guys,I am a long time user of Camera+,but recently downloaded Snapseed,it's free now,tried playing around,but kinda didn't find it user friendly,is it really that good ? Like I found it too complicated in comparison to Camera+.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Hi guys,I am a long time user of Camera+,but recently downloaded Snapseed,it's free now,tried playing around,but kinda didn't find it user friendly,is it really that good ? Like I found it too complicated in comparison to Camera+.

It has a learning curve. Since many of the controls of invisible, swiping up and down to select, and left and right to adjust. But then, it's really fast and easy to adjust.

SWPROX

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2012
Vancouver,Canada
It has a learning curve. Since many of the controls of invisible, swiping up and down to select, and left and right to adjust. But then, it's really fast and easy to adjust.

Yeah,I played around with it,and now it seems good,like I found out the hidden pre-set filters,it's good and more powerful than camera+.

shamanstar

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2011
Snapseed better than camera+

I was also a big Camera+ fan and couldn't understand why everyone loved snapseed. I tried it several times and it seemed confusing. Like the above poster says, once you figure out how to use the hidden options, it is a great app and has replaced camera+ for me.

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
Snapseed
Pixlromatic - Some good frames
Popsicolor - Gives some fun popsi effects
Etchings
ColorSplash
Phonto - to add watermarks to your pics

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
Snapseed
Simply HDR
Camera+
Photoshop Express

I'm tempted to try iPhoto but I feel like $5 for an app is a bit overkill since majority of paid apps are 99 cents. Also nobody above mentioned it as one of their favs which leads me to think it doesn't do anything special then other editing apps and isn't worth the price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.