Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Djlild7hina

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2009
got my "congrats" message on itunes for my 4S :) still haven't got my email but meh idc about it anymore haha. perfect because i'm going to study abroad in taiwan in a month.

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
Jaibreaking will get me out of this message and screen right ? i have geavy sim to use which i am using from 1 year..

i was on 4.1 and basband 2.10.04

jailbreaking will not change this version and all right ?

by the way thank you guys for all this help you guys doing me ..

What iphone do you have? the 3GS or 4? and did you restore the iphone to 5.1?

----------

got my "congrats" message on itunes for my 4S :) still haven't got my email but meh idc about it anymore haha. perfect because i'm going to study abroad in taiwan in a month.

Congrats! I am looking into an iphone 4 or the 4S. I have 3GS right now. i want faster phone haha

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
I see it after it's plugged in but itunes doesn't recognize my phone.

I think you are doing something wrong. unplug the iphone from computer and restart the computer.. while its restarting. redo the steps from the post from earlier. goodluck

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
i have iphone 4

and no i have not done restore to 5.1 yet ..

if suppost i want to check phone is unlocked or no then first i wll come to know or after updating to 5.1 because if after updating it is not unlocked then i will not even be able to use gevey right ?

What iphone do you have? the 3GS or 4? and did you restore the iphone to 5.1?

----------

Congrats! I am looking into an iphone 4 or the 4S. I have 3GS right now. i want faster phone haha

tonie

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2008
I think you are doing something wrong. unplug the iphone from computer and restart the computer.. while its restarting. redo the steps from the post from earlier. goodluck

Restarted my computer

Rebooted my computer and phone but now it says Revert Lockdownd To Stock under SAM Utilities and it gave me this message when I click on it "Stockification Failure"

KoG506

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
Ohio
i have iphone 4

and no i have not done restore to 5.1 yet ..

if suppost i want to check phone is unlocked or no then first i wll come to know or after updating to 5.1 because if after updating it is not unlocked then i will not even be able to use gevey right ?

So what exactly is going on with your iphone 4? DO NOT upgrade your iphone yet. you will lose your unlock because it will upgrade you baseband and gevey sim will be useless.

----------

Restarted my computer

Rebooted my computer and phone but now it says Revert Lockdownd To Stock under SAM Utilities and it gave me this message when I click on it "Stockification Failure"

That did not happen to me. I would personally choose every option on the SAM app until it says that the iphone is unactivate and itunes detect it.

vaibhavmeswani

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
So what exactly is going on with your iphone 4? DO NOT upgrade your iphone yet. you will lose your unlock because it will upgrade you baseband and gevey sim will be useless.

i will not upgrade but what i was able to use that also i am stuck , what i can only see is that itunes screen and if i slide then num pad saying Emergency call

i want to use my phone as normal which i was using till now ..

scottphillips88

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Hey bro just download tiny umbrella and tell it to kick device out of recovery. Assuming you didn't update all will be well and you can go back to gevey.

The easiest way to check if you are unlocked is with redsn0w. Muscle nears tweeted about it.

So far I'm 2 and AT&T is 0 on unlocking my phones not bought from them :) just keep tryin'

jekyoo

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2007
Chicago
I used the link that AT&T chat link that was posted a couple pages back and I was able to get my iPhone 4S unlocked! :D I guess it really depends on the representative that you get. I stated that I wanted to unlock my iPhone 4S. She then looked it up and asked where I got the phone. I told her I bought it on craigslist and then 2 minutes later, she processed the unlock for me.

Thanks for the SAM suggestion. Was able to keep my jailbreak and eliminated the hassle of restoring to get my iPhone unlocked =)

Last edited:

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Don't give up.
You will get someone helpful eventually.

Persistence paid off - I got them to unlock it for me! Now I guess I need to follow the instructions to use SAM since I'm jailbroken and I'm not giving up my jailbreak.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
I have found a direct link for all of those who do not wish to call AT&T. In all truth this is a backdoor to their chat technical support. It works because AT&T does not use a in house hosted chat so all it takes is a crafty tweak to the liveperson url (a well known live chat support external hosted service).

You may be waiting for a 20-30 mins but it beats calling right?

The url is: https://sales.liveperson.net/hc/518...=WirelessSupportChat&SESSIONVAR!Section=MyATT

and I wrote about my experience here: http://geekmeans.com/so-you-want-to-unlock-your-att-iphone

Thank you so much for that link! Right now it's closed but I will try again soon!

B.Ellis

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Got it!!

Craigslist 3gs unlocked. Called two days ago, just got email. Used SAM to deactivate, plugged it in and got the unlock. Never been an AT&T customer and only called once.

B. Ellis

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Nice, congrats dude.

Thanks man! Just used SAM and got the message in itunes saying that my phone is unlocked. Next thing I'm going to have to figure out is whether or not I can redo my jb (I'm on 5.0.1 with the 1.59.00bb). I want to update my bb so I can get rid of ultrasn0w - it's been nothing but buggy.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks man! Just used SAM and got the message in itunes saying that my phone is unlocked. Next thing I'm going to have to figure out is whether or not I can redo my jb (I'm on 5.0.1 with the 1.59.00bb). I want to update my bb so I can get rid of ultrasn0w - it's been nothing but buggy.

If you have your APTickets saved, I think you can upgrade to 5.1 to update your baseband, and then downgrade back to 5.0.1. With that said, 5.1 has a newer baseband than 5.0.1, so I'm not sure if that will cause the signal strength bug to manifest itself.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
If you have your APTickets saved, I think you can upgrade to 5.1 to update your baseband, and then downgrade back to 5.0.1. With that said, 5.1 has a newer baseband than 5.0.1, so I'm not sure if that will cause the signal strength bug to manifest itself.

I'm kind of nervous about that. I guess there's no way for me to just update my bb to whatever the 5.0.1 bb is?

trina27

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Mine's done. I'm still using my 3GS purchased from AT&T in June 2009.

Used online chat Tuesday night. Got the email with instructions about 2 hours ago. Performed a backup and restore and sure enough, got the "Congratulations" message.

I'll probably be contacting them to unlock my mom's 3G (she's now upgraded to a 4S) too.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Good, all you gotta do is make a custom 5.0.1 ipsw by stitching your blobs.
But your baseband will still not update until you restore to stock firmware.
Or just stay where u are and remove ultrasnow. You don't need it any more.

I never really "needed" ultrasn0w - I only installed it to fix the signal strength issue caused by being on the old bb. I only preserved the old bb to preserve the ability to unlock for resale value and in case I needed it for travel. Now that I have an official unlock I no longer need to keep that old bb.

I'm confused now though. If I make a custom 5.0.1 ipsw, there's no way for me to also update to whatever bb came with 5.0.1?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I never really "needed" ultrasn0w - I only installed it to fix the signal strength issue caused by being on the old bb. I only preserved the old bb to preserve the ability to unlock for resale value and in case I needed it for travel. Now that I have an official unlock I no longer need to keep that old bb.

I'm confused now though. If I make a custom 5.0.1 ipsw, there's no way for me to also update to whatever bb came with 5.0.1?

Oh I see. You were on AT&T with the saved unlockable baseband.
What you could do is go to stock 5.1 that will update your baseband. Then restore back to custom 5.0.1 and jb untethered with redsnow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.