Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigw00dy

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted

I just grabbed this from cydia. I think I'm gonna like it! I also removed sbsettings after having this installed for a little bit now. Now If I cn just find a tweak that shows available ram like sbsettings has.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
Wirelessly posted

I just grabbed this from cydia. I think I'm gonna like it! I also removed sbsettings after having this installed for a little bit now. Now If I cn just find a tweak that shows available ram like sbsettings has.

Slightly off-topic, but if you have Springtomize 2, you can show this in the Status Bar. I know it's not in the NC, but it might be helpful anyways.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I got NCSettings as well. SBsettings was a bit easier, but I really like NCSettings for what it is.

Is there any way to display 2 rows of 5 items? I only see 1 that is scrollable. I love the fact that you can move around what you want so my top 5 are right there when I pull down the menu.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Wirelessly posted

I installed WeeStats Widget for that and a couple of other items.

I also installed WeeToolbox just for the nice power options like SBSettings had. So I'm wondering if all three of these use more battery than SBSettings did in the first place. I believe I did recover a bit of RAM overall.

bigw00dy

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2010
Slightly off-topic, but if you have Springtomize 2, you can show this in the Status Bar. I know it's not in the NC, but it might be helpful anyways.

Ive heard of Springtomize but I never knew it had this feature! Thanks for the heads up.

----------

I installed WeeStats Widget for that and a couple of other items.

I also installed WeeToolbox just for the nice power options like SBSettings had. So I'm wondering if all three of these use more battery than SBSettings did in the first place. I believe I did recover a bit of RAM overall.

I have to pay closer attention. One of these 'wee' tweaks causes my 4s to respring every so often. I recently removed weeFavorites(think thats what it is called). The tweak that puts your favorite contacts on the NC.

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
!

OK, I've bailed on NCsettings and all the Wee crap and gone back to SBSettings. Couldn't get things working like I wanted.

R.I.P. to your iPhone battery!

BTW, an update was released today for NCSettings. New features added + bug fixes. Really nice. Once a "Remove Background" feature is implemented, it will be a wrap!

johnny hotsauce

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2011

BTW, an update was released today for NCSettings. New features added + bug fixes. Really nice. Once a "Remove Background" feature is implemented, it will be a wrap!

This is almost becoming a replacement for SBSettings, I like the new update.

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland

My phone's been on for 3.5 hours today after a full charge overnight. I've received a few push emails, checked them, and deleted what I didn't need. As I am in the office I've had no calls, browsing or anything else, really. Battery down to 96%. 3GS almost two years old.

la79

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
Anyone have the deb file for version 1.2-1? They just updated again in cydia and removed the power option toggle.

scirica

macrumors 68020
May 13, 2008
Dallas, TX
That was sneaky! I didn't notice power was missing. I'll stay on the new version however and hope that the dev puts it back in (as he has done with other toggles in the past).

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
This seems interesting, but the extra battery life to me seems weird.

SBSettings is a Mobile Substrate plugins and is much better than daemons because they do not use any additional CPU or battery (words from BigBoss).

How much real difference in battery life people have seen w/ this tweak? besides the TS that seems to mention it in all his posts. I still don't undertand how one drains less battery than the other, they are toggles, what drains the battery should be what you have set to ON and since there are more toggles available in SBSettings, I could assume that more stuff is being turn on/off more constantly.

So far, the only thing I see is that it has cool integrated sliders and minimalistic buttons. In SBSettings I have it themed w/ the iRetina++ icons and like it more than the icons for NCSettings, but those sliders sure look nice.

I think the battery claims here are the same as the claims people had of the fake tweak to improve battery life a couple of months back that turned out to be nothing.

parrot5

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2010
Yeah the Dev replaced Power with Respring, and the thing is, the Respring toggle didn't work when I tried it.

la79

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2011
His twitter page says that he will add the power setting toggle back on the. Next update. Don't know when that is however.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/JamieD360

He's really good at responding to questions in case you have any.

So no one has the deb they can share for 1.2-1?

HickDead

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 2, 2011
His twitter page says that he will add the power setting toggle back on the. Next update. Don't know when that is however.

https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/JamieD360

He's really good at responding to questions in case you have any.

So no one has the deb they can share for 1.2-1?

I'm also hoping he changes the flashlight toggle ICON (looks too similar to the brightness display toggle) + add a "Remove Background" feature.

Beeray

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
I did try bulletin and it worked great. I deleted it because it drained my battery. I knew it was that app, because after deletion, my battery life imprppoved significantly. Go figure?

Beeray

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.