Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The pHan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
The **********.net skin is amazing. I had to write it in 133t cuz macrumors censors it for some reason. The 3m material the use is so top notch pics don't do it justice. I decided to go with the extreme instead of the easy extreme cuz I'm super OCD and would go crazy over the corner slits.
These are pics taken with my iPhone 4.

8b14ffae.jpg
f63e0eca.jpg
7e54da72.jpg
5772dbdd.jpg
cb7d2da4.jpg

Here's pics of the corners from the front. When I first started there were very small wrinkles viewing from the back view which I was able to deal with but looking at them from the front bugged the hell out of me. As you can see now, you can't hardly tell there's a skin on when viewing from the front now. I wish I would have taken the front view pics with the wrinkles but I didn't think to do it.

d1e500b5.jpg

This isn't actually a wrinkle here. It's a little overhang. I still might redo it.

74da1814.jpg
a3a52507.jpg
47a824d4.jpg

The corner with the power button was def the hardest. I'm very impressed with the fact that you can fold, wrinkle, touch the hell out of the skin and it still sticks perfectly as long as you heat it up. Because I wanted it perfect, took me about an hour.

Last edited by a moderator:

The pHan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Yea, you need to use a hair dryer. I tried to do exactly like their videos say but it didn't work out so well, I had to come up with my own methods at times. The corners were defiantly a pain.

geoelectric

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2008
Outstanding application.

I wish I were a little more confident of my own skills on this, but I regularly butcher 50% of the screen protectors I try. I'm pretty sure applying a skin would leave it noticeably imperfect and my OCD screaming.

The pHan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Outstanding application.

I wish I were a little more confident of my own skills on this, but I regularly butcher 50% of the screen protectors I try. I'm pretty sure applying a skin would leave it noticeably imperfect and my OCD screaming.

Thanks! You should give it a shot. Maybe the easy extreme? The material used is very forgiving.

The pHan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Update: the corner tend to curl up and wrinkle after a couple weeks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.