Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

togu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Guys help!!!
I've tried installing cydia through iFunBox and I think i messed something up. I've put a cydia.deb file on root and stash folder and when I restarted it stuck on BOOT LOGO.
=>How should I able to boot it up? I have 4S on 5.0.1. Is there anyway to get access into root folder in DFU or Restore mode?
=>I've heard I cannot do **** +restore original restore.ipsw, maybe I can?
HELLLLPPP

togu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Did you try to kick it out of recovery with TinyUmbrella or redsn0w?

Kicking out of the recovery and DFU isn't the problem. but haven't tried tiny umbrella. redsn0w says my device isn't compatible. I'm on 4S 5.0.1

----------

Mine is already jailbroken, SSH is installed but when I bought it, cydia was nowhere to be found eventhough it was jailbroken. So tried manually install the cydia via ifunbox, and then I put .deb file on the root and also created install folder on the stash folder. And then when I tried to reboot it, it got stuck.

togu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
I have to try the emergency SSH in DFU mode as a last resort but I'm stuch on 2 point which is:
2. Restore Ramdisk (038-0082-001.dmg) IV & KEY (3GS, iOS 4.2.1)
What do I have to do restor ramdisk? install it? decrypt it?

NanoNyrd

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2011
I have to try the emergency SSH in DFU mode as a last resort but I'm stuch on 2 point which is:
2. Restore Ramdisk (038-0082-001.dmg) IV & KEY (3GS, iOS 4.2.1)
What do I have to do restor ramdisk? install it? decrypt it?

That looks like an obsolete method, for an old version of iOS. Anything relying on DFU mode is likely to rely on the limera1n exploit, which does not work on a 4S.

Try asking in the iPhone Hacks forum. That is where the jailbreakers lurk.

togu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
That looks like an obsolete method, for an old version of iOS. Anything relying on DFU mode is likely to rely on the limera1n exploit, which does not work on a 4S.

Try asking in the iPhone Hacks forum. That is where the jailbreakers lurk.

oh man. I shouldn't have messed with ifunbox to begin with. It's not fun at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.