Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tlvisser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Houston, Tx
Free space on the drive=/Users/tljamail/Documents/Parallels/Windows 7.pvm/ necessary to run the virtual machine: 1430 MB.
Current free space on the drive(/Users/tljamail/Documents/Parallels/Windows 7.pvm/): 1409 MB.

I have been getting this error message a lot lately. I have no clue what it means. Can anyone help me?

Trista

tlvisser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Houston, Tx
Uh, it means you're running out of free space on your virtual drive. Obvious?

You need to increase the size or decrease the junk you have on the drive.

Well, I guess I should have said I don't know how to free up space. Aggies, always smarta$$, and I mean that playfully. Lot of Aggie friends.

Do you happen to know how I can free it up?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
Well, I guess I should have said I don't know how to free up space. Aggies, always smarta$$, and I mean that playfully. Lot of Aggie friends.

Do you happen to know how I can free it up?

When you open up Parallels, go to Virtual Machine>Configure

Then Edit the size of the Drive. Something to that effect.

FYI, you'll need to have double the space available on your HD to make it bigger.

tlvisser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Houston, Tx
When you open up Parallels, go to Virtual Machine>Configure

Then Edit the size of the Drive. Something to that effect.

FYI, you'll need to have double the space available on your HD to make it bigger.

Sounds like maybe you're not exactly sure yourself. :D

I ran a Mac Cleanse program. And went to the VM Configure and told it to compress.

I guess I'd have to buy more space and have it installed?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Sounds like maybe you're not exactly sure yourself. :D

I ran a Mac Cleanse program. And went to the VM Configure and told it to compress.

I guess I'd have to buy more space and have it installed?

Nope, that wasn't what I was saying. I was just paraphrasing the exact steps. All you have to do is click edit and then expand the size. If you have double the room available, then it'll expand to that.

As far as a Mac Cleaner goes, I wouldn't use it, if I were you.

tlvisser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Houston, Tx
Nope, that wasn't what I was saying. I was just paraphrasing the exact steps. All you have to do is click edit and then expand the size. If you have double the room available, then it'll expand to that.

As far as a Mac Cleaner goes, I wouldn't use it, if I were you.

In case it's not obvious, you have to really dumb it down for me. You're from Texas. Isn't there anyone around here I could take it to for them to do this for me?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
In case it's not obvious, you have to really dumb it down for me. You're from Texas. Isn't there anyone around here I could take it to for them to do this for me?

How about this:

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v6/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/23215.htm

Ciick on the edit button of that screen, change the size, and you're done (as long as you have double the size left for it to create the new image.....speaking from experience, since I had problems once expanding one).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.