Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

buckyballs

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2006
Sounds like you two are contradicting each other. :confused:

In Lion it is currently displayed like this: 55,301,914,760 bytes (55.3 GB)

It SHOULD be like this: 55.3 GB (55,301,914,760 bytes)

I mean would anyone disagree with me? It is crazy that Apple listed it the first way in Lion and not the latter like any normal person would expect! It is very annoying to me because it is not easily glance-able, you have to search or scan when you look at it just to see how big something is. It is only in Lion that they switched it weird like that too!

So can either of you confirm which way it is in Mountain Lion for sure?

The number in brackets is actually not equivalent to the number before it. The number in bold on top is the shortened size of the file. The number listed after "Size" (not in brackets) is the size of the files in bytes, and the number in brackets is the size that is being taken up on disk by the selected file(s)/folder(s). Due to the structure of a file system, the space is allocated in set amounts, so the amount of space being taken up on disk (especially for folders full of very small files) may be different to the actual size of the file(s)/folder(s)

tory237

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
United States
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I have noticed Mountain Lion natively supports the .pngs from iOS. Also, the icon size of the widgets in Dashboard is the same as the retina iPhone icons.

flynn1900

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2012
in safari, two fingers tap on the top or bottom of the trackpad scrolls the page to either the very top or very bottom.

satkin2

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
in safari, two fingers tap on the top or bottom of the trackpad scrolls the page to either the very top or very bottom.

It may only be a small thing, but that sounds like one of the best features so far. I would love to see something similar implemented on iOS.

Solowalker

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008

I can't replicate this. But I have long had a similar setup with BetterTouchTool. If you don't have it, I strongly recommend it. Quite awesome and infinitely customizable.

Can anyone else confirm if this is native now?

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
I can't replicate this. But I have long had a similar setup with BetterTouchTool. If you don't have it, I strongly recommend it. Quite awesome and infinitely customizable.

Can anyone else confirm if this is native now?

I thought you had to two finger drag quickly from the top or bottom to do this. A two finger tap would be interesting!

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Personally, the features alone for me wouldn't warrant an ugprade.. But because Mountain Lion is noticeably faster, and all the animation lag has been resolved It'll be a worth while upgrade..

I do like the notification & reminders features..

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
I'm sorry if it's been mentioned already, haven't read the whole thread (skipped a few pages), but swiping back a page in Safari puts you at the top of the page instead of where you were before. Very annoying when surfing a forum or a news website...

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Hmm, sometimes the mouse pointer is above the actual mouse pointer in Safari. For instance, I just clicked this thread but got a thread a few threads down. It has happened a few times, and always after swiping back a page.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Hmm, sometimes the mouse pointer is above the actual mouse pointer in Safari. For instance, I just clicked this thread but got a thread a few threads down. It has happened a few times, and always after swiping back a page.

That's not a feature, that's a bug!! (meant to be a bad joke)

It's been doing that to me, but it seems rather random when it will occur. You can tell usually where it thinks the curser is by which link highlights or what the curser itself looks like.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
That's not a feature, that's a bug!! (meant to be a bad joke)

It's been doing that to me, but it seems rather random when it will occur. You can tell usually where it thinks the curser is by which link highlights or what the curser itself looks like.

I think I've found a common denominator though... Swiping back a page takes you to where you were when you clicked the link, then it loads and takes you to the top of the page. If you, during this time, click on a link to get to a new page and then swipe back, sometimes the cursor is higher up than where the "actual" cursor is.

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
A Finder with tab support would be really nice. I don't like to use Exposé to find all open windows on SL. Finder would look more like Safari. I also like the Windows Explorer view with left side showing folders and the right side showing folder contents.

I can find no arguments to defend Finder against Windows Explorer...

I agree, to a point. Personally, I would love native finder split screens, like ubuntu has. Drag two finder windows together and they would snap together. Very apple-like.

And yet, we still don't have it. :(

mentaluproar

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2010
Ohio, USA
I don't know if it was already posted but I noted a new thing. When copying files to a pendrive or whatever it is, copied folders during transfert show a X button to cancel action and they also show a progress bar.

in case it was already seen, sorry!

I can see this replacing the copy progress dialog under certain conditions. Could you try copying a file to a folder on a pen drive, and then closing that window to see if the progress bar is also on the pen drive icon? (assuming you keep drives listed on the desktop)

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
I can see this replacing the copy progress dialog under certain conditions. Could you try copying a file to a folder on a pen drive, and then closing that window to see if the progress bar is also on the pen drive icon? (assuming you keep drives listed on the desktop)

It didn't for me when I just did it, but I also just moved a tiny file. If I remember right, it did when I moved something larger.

lecturenotes

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2012
It may only be a small thing, but that sounds like one of the best features so far. I would love to see something similar implemented on iOS.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you're in safari (and a few other apps like AlienBlue) you can tap the time, carrier black bar at the top of your iphone/ipad and it will scroll to the top of the page for you.

satkin2

macrumors regular
Mar 31, 2010
I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you're in safari (and a few other apps like AlienBlue) you can tap the time, carrier black bar at the top of your iphone/ipad and it will scroll to the top of the page for you.

Yeah I was aware of that, something similar to get to the bottom would be great. For example, in browsing this thread on my iPhone, to see just the latest posts I have to swop a number of times to get to the bottom of the page. To be able to instantly navigate to the bottom like I can to the top would be a really nice feature.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Notification Centre
iCloud Reminders
iCloud Notes

These alone make it a worthwhile upgrade for me. Then again, I'll be upgrading anyway. No reason not to (for me), especially at that price.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.