Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
I have a question for you veteran iPod collectors. My favorite color is red, and I have been trying to get the Product Red iPods of any version that they come in. It seems like they sell for way more on eBay then they did new, with seller saying "Rare", when these were easy to come by when new. I just got a good deal on an Orange 16GB 5th generation iPod Nano, but now I see a Red 8GB 5th generation for sale for about $20 more then I paid for the Orange one with double the space. I'm debating selling the 16GB orange one and buying the Red one. I'm just not sure if I should bother collecting all Product Red iPods, or just collect different colors to make my collection shelf look more interesting. Any thoughts?

i'll say get all the colours.but while your at it get the current 6th gen product red nano cheap before it will become rare just like the previous red ipods.i am currently working on getting every colour of the 5th gen ipod nano which so far i have 4 colours out of 9 and orange is one of the ipods i am looking for.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
i'll say get all the colours.but while your at it get the current 6th gen product red nano cheap before it will become rare just like the previous red ipods.i am currently working on getting every colour of the 5th gen ipod nano which so far i have 4 colours out of 9 and orange is one of the ipods i am looking for.

I just received the current 6th gen Nano Product Red from Apple in the mail yesterday. I was thinking the same thing, get it now before it goes up. I'm not really concerned with it being sealed, just in great condition. I did open the new Nano, as I will probably use it at the gym. For now i'm thinking just one color of each generation, preferably red. Then I might move onto one of each color of each generation. But I'm pretty sure my significant other might end it if I do that.

9ellk15e

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
Ipod Mini 1st generation - with receipt

Hello collectors.
I am trying to sell my silver Ipod Mini 1st generation. Have a receipt for it and it was bought in Gibralter in December 2004.

I have the original cable however it is not boxed however it does work and even has a selection of old school songs which can be included ;) lol

Just wandering if any of you have any idea how much it is worth? I have been offered £65 but a friend said it should be worth more. I dont know much about technology so need some advice?

Thank you :)

satirev

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
tide nano is obviously not real...you think apple and tide would team up? haha....

and lol @ that ipod classic, 50Gs...yeah right

mkjj

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2003
Liverpool
Hello collectors.
I am trying to sell my silver Ipod Mini 1st generation. Have a receipt for it and it was bought in Gibralter in December 2004.

I have the original cable however it is not boxed however it does work and even has a selection of old school songs which can be included ;) lol

Just wandering if any of you have any idea how much it is worth? I have been offered £65 but a friend said it should be worth more. I dont know much about technology so need some advice?

Thank you :)

I'd take the £65! Might be worth £40 if your lucky

cshel24

macrumors member
Apr 10, 2012
I am glad I am not the only one who has gone wild on iPods.

I currently have: (and I can almost justify a purpose for most) :cool:

iPhone 4 16 gb (my main one)
iPod nano 2nd Generation 2gb (the one I don't mind sweating on and getting dirty with)
iPod Touch 2nd Generation 8gb (for the car, although I am finding that the nano works better because of the "no look" changing of songs, but it holds way less than the touch)
2 iPod Minis 4gb...these are pretty much retired, one the battery is about shot, and the other is beat all to heck but still works.

Have owned:
iPhone 8gb...sold
iPhone 16gb...sold
iPod Classic...sold
iPod shuffle...gave away
iPod Nano 1st Generation 1gb...gave away :eek: It's cool though, I gave it to my mom, and I did the exchange for her on the recall so she got a refurb 8gb Nano 6th gen as a replacement.

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
My Collection

I finally got the shelves hung and here are pictures of my Apple Collection.

iPods:
10GB 2nd Gen. iPod Classic
15GB 3rd Gen. iPod Classic
20GB 4th Gen. Black and White Screen iPod Classic
20GB 4th Gen. Color Screen iPod Classic
30GB Black 5th Gen. iPod Classic
60GB White 5th Gen. iPod Classic
2GB 1st Gen. White iPod Nano
4GB 2nd. Gen. Blue iPod Nano
16GB 5th Gen. Orange iPod Nano
16GB 6th Gen. Product Red iPod Nano

Rest:
27" LED Cinema Display
15" 2010 MBP
500 GB Time Capsule
Mac OS X Jaguar, Leopard, Snow Leopard, and not pictured of course is Lion
32 GB WiFi 3rd Gen. iPad
16GB iPhone 4
32GB iPhone 4s
Apple TV 2
Apple TV 3

Sold:
2x 8GB 1st Gen iPhones
1x 8 GB iPhone 3g
1x 16GB iPhone 3Gs
1x 16GB iPad WiFi + 3G

Thanks MattyMac for the great stands!

DSC_14572.jpg

DSC_14552.jpg

DSC_14532.jpg

DSC_14522.jpg

DSC_14502.jpg

DSC_14512.jpg

Last edited:

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
I finally got the shelves hung and here are pictures of my Apple Collection.

iPods:
10GB 2nd Gen. iPod Classic
15GB 3rd Gen. iPod Classic
20GB 4th Gen. Black and White Screen iPod Classic
20GB 4th Gen. Color Screen iPod Classic
30GB Black 5th Gen. iPod Classic
60GB White 5th Gen. iPod Classic
2GB 1st Gen. White iPod Nano
4GB 2nd. Gen. Blue iPod Nano
16GB 5th Gen. Orange iPod Nano
16GB 6th Gen. Product Red iPod Nano

Rest:
27" LED Cinema Display
15" 2010 MBP
500 GB Time Capsule
Mac OS X Jaguar, Leopard, Snow Leopard, and not pictured of course is Lion
32 GB WiFi 3rd Gen. iPad
16GB iPhone 4
32GB iPhone 4s
Apple TV 2
Apple TV 3

Sold:
2x 8GB 1st Gen iPhones
1x 8 GB iPhone 3g
1x 16GB iPhone 3Gs
1x 16GB iPad WiFi + 3G

Thanks MattyMac for the great stands!

i need the ipod nano 5th gen orange sealed in either the 16gb or 8gb and i need the ipod nano 2nd gen green sealed.

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
Have you got an updated photo of your collection Holdencommstra? Maybe with a blue iPod Mini that was shipped to you from Holland? ;)

hi.will take an picture when i receive my ipod nano 3rd gen light green 8gb brand new sealed.was waiting till i fill up the area with ipods then take a picture.

may i ask are you the seller that sold me the ipod mini blue 4gb sealed in box?

do you have any more ipods left.

CarlisleUnited

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2007
Nederland
hi.will take an picture when i receive my ipod nano 3rd gen light green 8gb brand new sealed.was waiting till i fill up the area with ipods then take a picture.

may i ask are you the seller that sold me the ipod mini blue 4gb sealed in box?

do you have any more ipods left.

Yeah I am, you got a great deal on that one ;) I'll PM you about other iPod's I'm willing to sell

Holdencommstra

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Sydney Australia
ipod mini blue and silver,iphone 3g 16gb

[/ATTACH]

all you see here are all sealed.will be taking a picture of my full collection once my green ipod nano 3rd gen 8gb sealed arrives.

Attachments

• IMG_9715[1].JPG
    IMG_9715[1].JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9714[1].JPG
    IMG_9714[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 91

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
So I just received a limited edition Gold 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle. It's the one that Avon sold for a bit. It is still factory sealed. Since it is about 3 years old and never opened, i'm debating opening it so it can be charged. What do you guys think? I don't want the battery to be completely dead and never hold a charge again.

satirev

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2010
Are there any collectors looking for sealed first gen nanos? PM me! I have a few if anyone is interested.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
satirev...Could You contact me on my mail?

Lovely collections :eek: great thread!!

Have all "old" collectors died with this thread? Are there any serous collectors left out there?

/Martin

Last edited:

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
MattyMac...Psykomaniaque...Ipodcollector...Blackibook...ClassicTom...SirIpod...siliconcowboy...
student trap...? Anyone? Was collecting iPods just a fling? :(

Ah, well....

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Silverbird0000...didn't see the answer to your question regarding the boxes in this thread so...:rolleyes:

Of course its a slow process, trust me I know! Have been collecting a couple of years now myself, but its so sad to see this thread die :(

Regarding your avon 2g shuffle. If you break the seal, the value will drop! That said, I almost never buy anything unopened! I like my iPods unused with boxes opened with all original accessories! Perhaps I could buy a 1G unopened box if the price is right, but I find most iPods today overpriced just like original star wars figures :confused:

People sitting on a scruffy 1G iPod that doesn't work, and they think they can get loads of $$$$$ :rolleyes:

Well, collecting iPods is expensive, but not compared to ww2 german militaria. An authentic tunic could cost you 5 - 100k...

Here is part of my collection :D

IMG_2134.jpg

Love your display! Funny everybody find those holders from MattyMac to be sooo great (which they are)! These "stands" are really common in the collectors community and are originally designed for badges and medals ;)

/Martin

Silverbird0000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2006
Fort Myers, FL
Silverbird0000...didn't see the answer to your question regarding the boxes in this thread so...:rolleyes:

Of course its a slow process, trust me I know! Have been collecting a couple of years now myself, but its so sad to see this thread die :(

Regarding your avon 2g shuffle. If you break the seal, the value will drop! That said, I almost never buy anything unopened! I like my iPods unused with boxes opened with all original accessories! Perhaps I could buy a 1G unopened box if the price is right, but I find most iPods today overpriced just like original star wars figures :confused:

People sitting on a scruffy 1G iPod that doesn't work, and they think they can get loads of $$$$$ :rolleyes:

Well, collecting iPods is expensive, but not compared to ww2 german militaria. An authentic tunic could cost you 5 - 100k...

Here is part of my collection :D

Love your display! Funny everybody find those holders from MattyMac to be sooo great (which they are)! These "stands" are really common in the collectors community and are originally designed for badges and medals ;)

/Martin

Great looking collection! I think you started to answer the box question, but didn't. As far as the Avon Shuffle goes. I broke down and opened it. I decided i'd rather have it in an open box, but unused, with a working battery, then in a sealed box, never knowing if it worked.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Great looking collection! I think you started to answer the box question, but didn't.

But I did...
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1354195/

As far as the Avon Shuffle goes. I broke down and opened it. I decided i'd rather have it in an open box, but unused, with a working battery, then in a sealed box, never knowing if it worked.

As would I do and did with mine :p

All of these collections are looking great! Unfortunately I've sold most of my collection off...still have my new in box 1st generation. Waiting for the right buyer on that one. For your viewing pleasure (I even have the original shipping box). It's a gem!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/481975/

I've seen this one and true, it IS a gem and you probably want a ridiculous pile of $ for it ;)

Under the 4G U2 box I have my boxed 1G opened and almost unused. The sleeve is "Alanis Morissette edition". There are everything but the headphones. I have more pods and mac's and I'm thinking of a way to present them in my house, but my wife doesn't agree with me :D

I also have a genuine "Say hello to iPod" poster wich I treasure. These are really hard to find!! I will soon have it professionally framed, but it costs a lot!

IMG_2118.jpg

/Martin

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.