Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrichNerd7

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
how long did it take for you to get your background check after the interview?
I think they just said...two weeks, two days...?

I just submit my background check yesterday and am currently waiting on the results...hoping it doesn't take two weeks though :|

brucedamoose

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
I think they just said...two weeks, two days...?

I just submit my background check yesterday and am currently waiting on the results...hoping it doesn't take two weeks though :|

Oh didn't see thought it was for interview, how long did it take for you also to get background check after email?

yous

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
I received my offer letter on Friday. Starting date is May 7, pay 11.50.

:apple:

Pitboss, was it an email or an actual letter? Are you gonna accept? I thought it would be more than 1150 but hey, beats minimum wage!

yous

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Pitboss, was it an email or an actual letter? Are you gonna accept? I thought it would be more than 1150 but hey, beats minimum wage!

Just got my offer letter by email. Pay is $10/hr and $15/hr overtime. Guess it differs by state. Weird though, cause the email is dated friday but i just got it now.

ChrichNerd7

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
Just got my offer letter by email. Pay is $10/hr and $15/hr overtime. Guess it differs by state. Weird though, cause the email is dated friday but i just got it now.
Awesome, congrats! I'm still waiting for the verdict on my background check, but I'm fairly confident. a few people have told me that background checks generally cost money, so it makes sense that if they're spending money on a background check for you then they're probably GENUINELY interested

*fingers crossed*

Oh yeah, did they mention anything other perks? i.e. employee discount or internet service?

brucedamoose

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012

i have a question did you guys apply to for the student one or corporate?

yous

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Awesome, congrats! I'm still waiting for the verdict on my background check, but I'm fairly confident. a few people have told me that background checks generally cost money, so it makes sense that if they're spending money on a background check for you then they're probably GENUINELY interested

*fingers crossed*

Oh yeah, did they mention anything other perks? i.e. employee discount or internet service?

Yep i think it's pretty much a guarantee as long as your background check "checks" out haha. They didn't mention any benefits, but they said we'd be getting a corporate benefits package when we did the official paperwork later on next month.

----------

i have a question did you guys apply to for the student one or corporate?

student

vironet

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2012
Weird how many post they are only getting $10 an hour. For the non-college student profession work-at-home adviser, I got offered $16 per hour to start. It is a part-time flex position with 20 hours guaranteed each week with 40 hours during peek times. $16 an hour isn't bad, especially since the average person commutes 20 miles a day for work, so 100 miles per week...so add another $1 per hour to make up for gas + wear and tear on your vehicle, it would be like earning $17 per hour or so. So, not too bad, but I know work-from-home isn't for everyone, especially if you have to have social interaction to survive. Also, I did side-by-side comparison for this particular position to other similar positions, and the pay is right on.

brucedamoose

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2012
Weird how many post they are only getting $10 an hour. For the non-college student profession work-at-home adviser, I got offered $16 per hour to start. It is a part-time flex position with 20 hours guaranteed each week with 40 hours during peek times. $16 an hour isn't bad, especially since the average person commutes 20 miles a day for work, so 100 miles per week...so add another $1 per hour to make up for gas + wear and tear on your vehicle, it would be like earning $17 per hour or so. So, not too bad, but I know work-from-home isn't for everyone, especially if you have to have social interaction to survive. Also, I did side-by-side comparison for this particular position to other similar positions, and the pay is right on.

How long did it take for you to hear back from apple?

lenodo

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2012

Congrats on the position, I had my 2nd interview last week for AHA position. I received an email for filing an official application/ HireRight the day before my 2nd interview. Now that i've filled out the official app and attended my virtual 2nd interview i'm still waiting to receive and email from HireRight for the background check. I understand some of you may have gotten HireRight info a couple hours after filling your official app but has anyone gotten the HireRight email login/password a couple of days after filing out the official application? It states in the email (Note: In most cases, you will NOT be contacted by HireRight immediately. Expect to hear from HireRight or Apple by the end of the week regarding further information.)

Any info is greatly appreciated.

yous

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2012
Congrats on the position, I had my 2nd interview last week for AHA position. I received an email for filing an official application/ HireRight the day before my 2nd interview. Now that i've filled out the official app and attended my virtual 2nd interview i'm still waiting to receive and email from HireRight for the background check. I understand some of you may have gotten HireRight info a couple hours after filling your official app but has anyone gotten the HireRight email login/password a couple of days after filing out the official application? It states in the email (Note: In most cases, you will NOT be contacted by HireRight immediately. Expect to hear from HireRight or Apple by the end of the week regarding further information.)

Any info is greatly appreciated.

I think the time it takes you to hear back or even get the background check is at the discretion of your campus recruiter. If you were asked to complete an official apple app and submit for background check, that means you most likely got the job and they're waiting to make sure you aren't a criminal or have something bad on your record. The key is to be patient. Good luck!

lenodo

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2012
I think the time it takes you to hear back or even get the background check is at the discretion of your campus recruiter. If you were asked to complete an official apple app and submit for background check, that means you most likely got the job and they're waiting to make sure you aren't a criminal or have something bad on your record. The key is to be patient. Good luck!

Thanks yous, this helped and has made me less anxious about the process. My interview was last Thursday so i do have a fair amount of time to wait to hear back from them. No criminal record here so hopefully its just a matter of time before i get the good news.

lenodo

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2012

Ok so i just received my HireRight email today!

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Anyone have issues trying to access the official Apple online application?

When I click the link in the email and sign in the website tells me:
Sorry, your online application cannot be updated or modified at this time. If you feel you have received this message in error, please notify your primary contact at Apple.

I received the email less than 10 minutes ago, maybe I need to wait? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Three hours later and I still can't fill out the official application.

Last edited:

mn4567

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2012
Hey congrats to anyone that's already been hired or is moving along in the process.

I got an email saying to fill out forms on Apple's website and Hireright. It was quite fast actually to hear back from them. I only just had the interview yesterday. Hopefully this means I'll get the gig.

Last edited:

kitbic

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2012
I got my letter yesterday as well. Pay $10/$15 overtime. It took exactly two weeks from the date that I got my background check started. That was a day after my FaceTime interview. Congrats guys!

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I got my letter yesterday as well. Pay $10/$15 overtime. It took exactly two weeks from the date that I got my background check started. That was a day after my FaceTime interview. Congrats guys!

Same here, the day after my iPad interview I received the email. However, I still can not fill out the official application!

I tried replying to the email I received but I'm still waiting for a response. I'm not even sure that email address is monitored.

Any idea who I can contact regarding the issue?

EDIT: Just a few minutes ago I received my HireRight email even though I was not able to complete the official Apple application. In the recruiting email it says I was to complete the official app first then the HireRight. Not sure if I should fill out the HireRight anyways?

Last edited:

ebd.i.am

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2006
Sacramento, CA
For the people that filled out the official Apple application, did you have to create a new Apple ID or did you use the same Apple ID you use at home on your Macs?

ChrichNerd7

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2012
Hey congrats to anyone that's already been hired or is moving along in the process.

I got an email saying to fill out forms on Apple's website and Hireright. It was quite fast actually to hear back from them. I only just had the interview yesterday. Hopefully this means I'll get the gig.

Yeah, you'll probably get in. This is how it went for me and I'm happy to say that I DID receive a job offer @ $10.25 per hour. I submit my HireRight form on Saturday and Apple got back to me with the offer letter by Tuesday afternoon

I'm from the University of New Mexico, for those wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.