Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jame.browe22

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
Looking for it on Mac App Store

I always search apps on Mac App Store, once the Mac App Store is available.
There are many free apps.

Nov 28, 2010
located

That the Mac App Store is already available and has been for over a year.
But then again, you just registered here to post in this thread and "resurrecting" it after two weeks. Maybe you forgot your links? Or the invisible images?

Ah, of course, now you search the fora again.

jame.browe22

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
I think you misunderstanded me

That the Mac App Store is already available and has been for over a year.
But then again, you just registered here to post in this thread and "resurrecting" it after two weeks. Maybe you forgot your links? Or the invisible images?

Ah, of course, now you search the fora again.

I don't link i wanted to leave any links or other, you are virulent for me.
I just said I like search apps on Mac App Store, what is wrong with you?
is any friendly here?
Filled with suspicion! I don't this.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I don't link i wanted to leave any links or other, you are virulent for me.
I just said I like search apps on Mac App Store, what is wrong with you?
is any friendly here?
Filled with suspicion! I don't this.

I may have misunderstood you, if so, I am sorry for this. But your post looked like a SPAM post, where after a certain time, additional information gets edited in, like invisible images to create traffic somewhere else, or links to some other site, that is just SPAM again.

And yes, it is friendly here, I am just one of the more unfriendly ones. Don't let your journey stop here, just because I seem to be rude, as most others here are not.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
But your post looked like a SPAM post, where after a certain time, additional information gets edited in, like invisible images to create traffic somewhere else, or links to some other site, that is just SPAM again.

FYI, it is much better to not reply to spammers (not saying that jame.browe22 is, just in general) at all; just use the report feature of the forums and report them to the Mods. They will determine if someone is a spammer or not and take the appropriate measures.

But back on topic, there are no FREE (or even CHEAP) PDF EDITORS in the MAS. Most allow for simple markups, almost none allow for direct editing.

poorting

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2012
FYI, it is much better to not reply to spammers (not saying that jame.browe22 is, just in general) at all; just use the report feature of the forums and report them to the Mods. They will determine if someone is a spammer or not and take the appropriate measures.

But back on topic, there are no FREE (or even CHEAP) PDF EDITORS in the MAS. Most allow for simple markups, almost none allow for direct editing.
If you wanna edit some contents in your PDF file directly? you can take Adobe Acrobat for reference.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
LibreOffice!!

LibreOffice is great, free, and comes packed with awesomeness; including the built-in ability to import and edit pdf files.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville

Looks good, but only a markup, not a full editor.

yes, Acrobat's $450.Unlike Skim. But it is worth saying that Acrobat is an excellent tool -- and nothing matches its complete range of functions.

I think that this is given because it is from the company who created the PDF format. But the title of the thread is "Free Mac PDF Editor" not "best Mac PDF Editor".

slynn

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
Georgia, USA
another option

Have to add that I find PDF Studio 7 Pro to be quite functional and even more customizable for everything I need to do, at $125. I'm becoming addicted to being able to customize the toolbar, based on what I'm working on.

yes, Acrobat's $450.Unlike Skim. But it is worth saying that Acrobat is an excellent tool -- and nothing matches its complete range of functions.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
AFAIK, you can add annotations and such in preview itself. I use Acrobat at work and don't see much difference than preview (at least for my use). Although, i am curious what Acrobat does that preview doesn't.

poorting

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2012
Looks good, but only a markup, not a full editor.

I think that this is given because it is from the company who created the PDF format. But the title of the thread is "Free Mac PDF Editor" not "best Mac PDF Editor".
If you stick with freeware, Preview may be the best choice. But there are lots of editing function limitation. In my personal experience,the freeware always have some problems more or less. its quality can not be guaranteed.

maha252

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2012
Cape town. South Africa
merge or impose jpg on pdf

Hi

I have a PDF document on which i have put a JPG of my company rubber stamp. when i send the doc the JPG goes as a diffrent attachment not with pdf. Can i merge both in one???? Please help

Couldn't you try contacting your teachers/lecturers and see if they can provide you all with a format that's meant to be edited? Or perhaps tell them to at least leave room for notes?

Say that the lecturer use slides. In that case those should IMO be handed out/e-mailed as a pamphlet with mini slides with room left for notes next to each slide.

PDF is a publishing format not a working/production format, that's the simple reason for the lack of editing tools. It's not really meant to be easy to crack open for the average user as content within might be copyrighted (not only the text itself but fonts as well).

Perhaps your best bet is to copy the text (and fix any typographical errors) from within a PDF viewer - I take it it's "real" text and not images of text - into a word processor/text editor and go from there?

[EDIT: Otherwise I recommend Skim as well, but as you say that's mostly a viewer - a good one! - with the capability to add notes.]

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
PDFs were never meant to be edited hence the lack of a good editor (even 4 years from the original post). Its a distribution format.

Mr. Retrofire

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2010
www.emiliana.cl/en
Adobe Acrobat Pro 8

Adobe Acrobat Pro 8
official version

CNET.COM said:
http://www.cnet.com.au/adobe-shuts-...uts-software-and-serials-online-339342955.htm

Adobe shuts down CS2 activation server, puts software and serials online
By Craig Simms | January 8, 2013 | 1

Adobe has provided full downloads and serials to Creative Suite 2 (CS2) on its website, as it has shut down the activation servers for the product.

According to a post on its forums from Dov Isaacs, the downloads and serials are only intended for those who have already acquired CS2 legally, but can no longer activate it. Nonetheless, it has resulted in a free-for-all, with bargain hunters grabbing the software as quickly as possible; the only requirement is to sign up for an Adobe ID account.

If you're considering flaunting Adobe's line and downloading the software anyway, remember that the software itself is almost eight years old, and will likely have issues with modern operating systems.

ADOBE.COM said:
Adobe answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662

Effective December 13, Adobe disabled the activation server for CS2 products and Acrobat 7 because of a technical glitch. These products were released over 7 years ago and do not run on many modern operating systems. But to ensure that any customers activating those old versions can continue to use their software, we issued a serial number directly to those customers. While this might be interpreted as Adobe giving away software for free, we did it to help our customers.

Official download version, including one activation free serial number (activation servers are offline):
http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html
(All CS2 apps are also available in different languages, for example in french and in german.)

Information about Intel compatibility:
http://blogs.adobe.com/acrobatineducation/2006/09/acrobat_8_for_mac_is_a_univers.html

Roaring Apps problem report:
http://roaringapps.com/app:4470

Official software updates:
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=1&platform=Macintosh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.