Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nigelmercier

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
I know this has been asked before, but wondered if it has been resolved. I currently have a Google Calendar embedded in a web page, but it is a pain having to add items manually from my Outlook Calendar. I thought I could do better ...

I've now hosted my Outlook Calendar on iCloud, and made it public. Is it possible to either embed this is a web page, or perhaps give a link so others can view it in a web browser?

Note that all viewers are using PCs, myself included (sorry) but I do have an iPad! :)

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
There isn't a public link available for publicly shared iCloud calendars, probably because Apple doesn't want web crawlers snooping through them.

You could try sending an invitation to the Google calendar you already have when you create the event. I think that by default the invited event will appear in the Google calendar. Not sure how the event sending mechanism works from Outlook when you've synced that with iCloud.

You could also try using the syncing service at Memotoo.com. My experience there has been shaky. I think that once you've synced Google and iCloud there, events created in iCloud get to the Google calendar quickly. Not so sure about the other way...but it looks like that's not a problem in your case.

thunderbunny

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Cheshire, UK
when you public share a calendar from icloud.com you will be given a link to this. From the iPad you'll probably have to use a browser such as Atomic so you can access icloud.com

nigelmercier

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
How do I get my calendar back onto my computer?

OK, this isn't going to work :(

How do I get my calendar back onto my computer?

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
There isn't a public link available for publicly shared iCloud calendars, probably because Apple doesn't want web crawlers snooping through them.
When you Share your iCloud Calendar you can either share as private or public. In either case you get a LINK (Public or Private). I share my calendar with co-workers that do not use iCloud so I have to make it a Public Share. However, not sure about embedding that link in a web page. They use it when subscribing from another Calendar Application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.