Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Duskrux

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2012
UK
ZUM SC ulimate in the UK

is there anywhere that i can get the new Zum for the iPad 3 in the UK? Nowhere seems to sell/ship it here.

BlazednSleepy

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2012
In the end I went with the Incipio NGP case. Lovely to hold. Personally I hate smart covers as they make mediocre stands, aren't required for the front due to the use of Gorilla Glass, and just add bulk and get in the way when using the iPad hand held or in docks etc. I'll get myself a nice slip case for storing in my rucksack when travelling. Perfect solution for me :)

I dare you to put your iPad face down on a table and slide it across. The iPhone and iPad use the same exact glass and the iPhone is known for easily being scratched. It's the same with the iPad. So don't feel too comfortable without screen protection.

shadow86

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2009
I just got mine on eBay. I got the front smart cover and a back cover for $19.99.
Fits like a glove on the iPad 3. They had a lot of colors to choose from!
:)

Dinth1906

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2012
So does incipio smart feather have magnets to stick smart cover on the back in place? does it prevents ipad from sliping out of hands?
If not, does ZUM SC have those features? How about other similar back covers?

JMG

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2006
So does incipio smart feather have magnets to stick smart cover on the back in place? does it prevents ipad from sliping out of hands?
If not, does ZUM SC have those features? How about other similar back covers?

THere is no magnet on the back of the smart feather, although there is a little bit of magnetic force when you fold the smart cover back. It's very weak and not enough to hold the cover up in any practical manner.

JonLDavis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
There's no way that 3m strips will work for the back of the incipio, will it?

jowilliams

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2012
Got this for my Ipad from Luton Airport. Paid about £17 cause I really needed it for my Ipad at this time.

Saw the same one on Amazon when I got back for a fiverr DOH!

41Ojoek0jUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Frosted back cover" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow ugc noopener">Frosted back cover

Clear back cover" target="_blank" class="link link--external" rel="nofollow ugc noopener">Clear back cover

For a fiver you can't got wrong :)

Last edited:

taylord22

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Does anyone know when Speck will be releasing the smart shell for the new Ipad. To me, they strike -by far- the best balance between protection and style. And the smart shell achieves all of the "wants" outlined in the OP, no?

With the addition of the extra (positional) magnet, the smart shell would blow everything else away (though, it would likely add a bit of weight vs. Zum, iblason, luardi).

tonyjames

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2012
I dare you to put your iPad face down on a table and slide it across. The iPhone and iPad use the same exact glass and the iPhone is known for easily being scratched. It's the same with the iPad. So don't feel too comfortable without screen protection.

You've missed the point. I only use my iPad at home, since it's just way too big and heavy to carry around outside. I just leave it in the NGP case face-up around the house and pick it up when I want to use it. No case flapping around and annoying me, and the rubberised grip is definitely an improvement over the iPad's harsh pointed edges. As I said, if I needed to take it anywhere, I'd get a slip cover for it.

anthrovisual

macrumors regular
May 27, 2008
You've missed the point. I only use my iPad at home, since it's just way too big and heavy to carry around outside. I just leave it in the NGP case face-up around the house and pick it up when I want to use it. No case flapping around and annoying me, and the rubberised grip is definitely an improvement over the iPad's harsh pointed edges. As I said, if I needed to take it anywhere, I'd get a slip cover for it.

This is the direction I'm leaning. I'm beginning to feel that the way to go is a case that helps you get a comfortable grip on the iPad but when you want to take it places, keep it in a real sleeve or something that will protect the screen, etc.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland
I bought this off of Amazon, it fits nicely and feels good in your hand.
I have more pictures, if you are interested reply to me here and i will post a few more.

Can you provide a link for this one? Looks like this may be a solution for me
Thanks

dfine1966

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
I know this thread is old, but what you are looking for is the Devicewear Union. It has, I think, everything you are looking for.

yaymath

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2011
After looking at this forum for hours, that's what I've come to understand.

I want a back case that:

1) lightweight and form fitting

2) comes in a color that matches well with the iPad and the black leather smart cover

3) made of durable, comfortable "grippable" material (because the naked iPad can be uncomfortable to hold in book form.)

4) secures to the smart cover

5) covers the iPad, including top and bottom, with sleek cut out that don't prevent docking...

6) this is more optional: metal thingee that allows you to keep your smart over folded over.

Ironically, Apple's Smart CASE is "supposed" to address 1–5 (2 and 4 being N/A).

Mr Rogerss

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2008
OP, have you thought about using a skin type material for the back of your ipad?

Sticker Boy has some great skins. They protect the back of the ipad, make it easy to hold, and work great with a smart cover.

Take a look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.