Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Just when I thought I'm immune from iCloud problem..

Everything looks set, yet I can't find iCloud mailbox on mail app. The default setting has only Exchange.
photo1-1.jpg
photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg

Compare this to iPad with the same setting. There are Exchange and iCloud.
photo4.jpg
photo5.jpg
photo6.jpg

I'm sure it's just a switch I didn't think of but which one?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Have you gone to Settings -> iCloud and make sure you're actually signed in?

Yes, looks like it's signed in. But on iCloud account on iPad there is an advance option for mail but there is none on iPhone. Really strange. Look like on iPhone it doesn't recognize I have @me.com address. How is that possible?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I'm sure it's just a switch I didn't think of but which one?

Unfortunately there is no magic switch. I get it working again by deleting and re-add iCloud account. Simply turn off and turn on iCloud mail is not enough.

One caution though for everyone. When iCloud ask you what to do with data on your phone, if you intend to re-add iCloud account simply delete everything from your phone. When you re-add it will be added back. I tried to be smart and made a backup of my Photostream to another album before deleting it, not knowing the pics would be added to your Cameraroll too even if you saved it on another albums. (WTF!!) Now I deleted my backup album but more than 600 pictures and videos still remains in my Cameraroll. arghhh!!....

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.