Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowonthe456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
I guess I must be thick, but I want to post a YouTube video on my wall in facebook from my iPhone.....is this not currently possible?

Sorry

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
I hate this haha. This trick is kind of a pain but saves a trip to the computer; go to YouTube in safari and open your favorite and copy the link in the browser and then paste it in facebook.

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I hate this haha. This trick is kind of a pain but saves a trip to the computer; go to YouTube in safari and open your favorite and copy the link in the browser and then paste it in facebook.

i think the op would like to have it embeded in facebook.

i think the Youtube app should have a share option to embed into FB directly from the iphone.

lowonthe456

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
i think the op would like to have it embeded in facebook.

i think the Youtube app should have a share option to embed into FB directly from the iphone.
Exactly, I want it to embed. Is there an app for that? Lol

Dpw1978

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Have we missed the obvious workaround?

You can always use the full facebook site in safari to do all those things the app doesn't support...

Open facebook in safari on the iPhone and there's a link at the bottom to open the full site.

trssho

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2009
Actually, you can do it directly in the Facebook app. Just click the camera button on the app next to where you enter: what's on your mind. Works, just did it. This is a fairly new feature, so you may have to update your app.

mechanesthesia

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2009
Actually, you can do it directly in the Facebook app. Just click the camera button on the app next to where you enter: what's on your mind. Works, just did it. This is a fairly new feature, so you may have to update your app.

I have the updated version and all it does is say if I want to add a pic

mechanesthesia

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

Bump?

Horego

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
You can always use the full facebook site in safari to do all those things the app doesn't support...

Open facebook in safari on the iPhone and there's a link at the bottom to open the full site.

This is not the point, because the problem is how to copy the URL from you tube website. In fact iPhone open always the you tube app, where isn't possible to copy a link.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
Use the m.YouTube web app! It has a share button underneath the video you want to watch/share which has a share on Facebook button. It opens a Facebook login page where you can also comment on the video before you post it to your Facebook!

Also if your using the stock YouTube app that apple made you can click the share button, share by email, that then creates a email draft with the YouTube URL. Copy the URL, delete the email draft and them paste the URL into Facebook :)

Horego

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2011
This is not the point, because the problem is how to copy the URL from you tube website. In fact iPhone open always the you tube app, where isn't possible to copy a link.

A step back, to share a youtube video you can also open youtube from safari, search your video and then copy the url from the bar. After that you've just to paste the url in a your normal post!!

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
All you have to do is hit the share button from the mobile safari version of YouTube to post to Facebook I do it all the time..no need to copy URL's etc.

Frenchjay

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2010
All you have to do is hit the share button from the mobile safari version of YouTube to post to Facebook I do it all the time..no need to copy URL's etc.

This is the best method because you get the video thumbnail and the info on the video. Just save the m.YouTube app to your homes screen and your good to go!!

john.hodges80

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2011
I'm pretty sure you can. Go to Safari on the iPhone and copy the URL of the video and paste it onto Facebook as your status. The video should pop up by itself.

jackal9x

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2011
iOS 5

on the I phone 4s open up safari, go to youtube.com. Once on that page if not prompted, click on the middle icon @ the bottom of the screen(little square with an arrow). Select the 3 option which should be "Add to Homescreen." That will create an icon on your iPhone's home screen. Search your videos there and that will give you the option to share via Facebook.

iC0DY

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
New Orleans, LA USA
No option to upload imbedded YouTube anymore. (?!)

This is very cumbersome, but here's what I did:

1. Open FB app.
2. From within FB app, open YouTube (I opened a friend's posted video and then chose Open from that screen).
3. Sign into YouTube from inside the FB/YouTube app
4. From there, you can choose "desktop", which will open YouTube's full site, which will give you the upload/share option to show thumbnail.

I do not understand why the option to "Share" WITH thumbnail TO FB is not offered from the native YouTube app!

Last edited:

topsyturvy9

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2011
Kinkast

Hello,

I suggest you use this app Kinkast. It has been a very great tool for me.

It allows you to share videos directly from your iPhones through their app or through your pc or mac through their website. It allows you to email your friends and family members a link to your own private website without them needing to set-up account. You can even splice your videos with the app before sharing them with your friends. :)

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
Hello,

I suggest you use this app Kinkast. It has been a very great tool for me.

It allows you to share videos directly from your iPhones through their app or through your pc or mac through their website. It allows you to email your friends and family members a link to your own private website without them needing to set-up account. You can even splice your videos with the app before sharing them with your friends. :)

What does this have to do with youtube? :confused:

iceterminal

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2008
Dallas Tx.
2009???? Really???

Old-MummyHead.jpg

Larison44

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2012
All you have to do is when your on YouTube just hold the video picture until options come up and hit copy then you can share it on Facebook or whoevers Facebook by going to a profile and hit write post then you paste it

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
This really needs to be simplified in iOS 6 with a share option in the YouTube app. How this has never been added is beyond me.

katopop

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
All you have to do is when your on YouTube just hold the video picture until options come up and hit copy then you can share it on Facebook or whoevers Facebook by going to a profile and hit write post then you paste it

Your method posts the link but no thumbnail.

twigman08

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2012
Just go to YouTube's mobile site and add it to your homescreen (I have it "replace" my stock YouTube app). You can then share videos and FaceBook is an option. I find the mobile website better than the App anyway.

katopop

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2012
Just go to YouTube's mobile site and add it to your homescreen (I have it "replace" my stock YouTube app). You can then share videos and FaceBook is an option. I find the mobile website better than the App anyway.

That works great. However if you want to post the video and thumb nail to another page, you must open the "full facebook" then copy and past the URL from the mobile youtube.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.